Chapter Two

"Now Miss Eclipse, can you tell the class the answer to the equation, or do you think that since you have powers that you're too good for algebra?"

Marina snapped out of her trance. Lately, she had been dosing off a lot.

"Oh um, 639," Marina responded. Her powers weren't the most useful thing to Marina. It was her increased intelligence. This made her able to not pay attention in class and not get questions thrown at her wrong.

"Good, next time, at least pretend you're listening," Mrs. Hoskins said. She was one of the more bitter teachers, and all the students either feared or hated her.

"You did that computation wrong, by the way," Marina said. Suddenly, black sunglasses appeared. This happened sometimes. She would change accessories for her different emotions. This was one of those times. She was tired of this teacher and couldn't hide her negative feelings towards her.

The whole class started to laugh, and the teacher got so mad, her face became as red as a tomato.

The bell rang, so Marina tightened her two ponytails holding her bangs and straightened her cat ears and tail which had appeared on her head at fourteen, and then left the classroom. She had her hair very short recently, and it became light blue. This was fine with Marina since the long dark blue hair that she used to have reminded her of her past which she so desperately wanted to forget.

 This was fine with Marina since the long dark blue hair that she used to have reminded her of her past which she so desperately wanted to forget

"Mariiinaaa!!!" said a girl with blinding white hair in two ponytails while running towards her.

This was Fiona, Marina's best friend. "Hi...," Marina said.

Fiona looked at Marina's new shades.

"Did you get salty at Mrs. Hoskins, again?" Fiona questioned. "You need to learn how to BE MORE CHILL" (this is a pun for her powers and a nod to the musical fans out there)

"I know, but I can't help it. She is so annoying!" Marina said, a hint of anger in her voice.

"Well all that aside, we are going to be late for science. Maybe today you will finally talk to Denver!!!" Fiona teased.

"SHUT UP FIONA!" Marina yelled while blushing violently.

Then they both walked to science, where the real story would begin......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:
Haha! A cliff hanger just for you, Haley! Please don't yell at me! I have a fragile heart!