Part 31 - 6th October 1969

Start from the beginning

Sue grinned at her. "What about make up?"

Lucy shook her head. "No, I don't usually wear much. Maybe a bit of eye liner."

"You're right Lucy. I don't think you need any really," said Sue softly, "At the moment your skin is glowing. You look beautiful!"

Lucy blushed. "What time is it now?"

Sue glanced at her watch. "Almost quarter past ten. What time is your father arriving?"

"Well the service is at eleven o'clock, so I guess any time soon!" said Lucy, "I suppose I should get dressed then."

"Unless you intend to get married in your nightdress! That would make interesting photos!"

Both women began to laugh. Lucy open the drawer next to her and took out her underwear.

"Alas, not the sexy silky stuff I'd like to have worn for my wedding," she told Sue, "But it is new."

Once she has put her underwear on, Sue opened the long cupboard to get her dress.

"Wow Lucy!" said exclaimed, "That is so pretty!"

"Thanks," said Lucy, "It's not really a wedding dress but I loved it when I saw it." She fingered the hem of the soft pink dress made from chiffon overlayed with a full lace dress then stood up. Sue opened the zip and held it so that Lucy could step into it then she fastened it. Lucy looked at herself in the mirror admiring the dress. It had long sleeves which were full at the top of the arm but then tapered down to be fitted from the elbow to cuff. It had a sweetheart neckline, and a fitted bodice which enhanced her breasts before falling into a full skirt that fell just below her knees.

"Well?" she asked, a little anxious, "how do I look?"

"Stunning!" Sue grinned at her, "Absolutely gorgeous! Paul is a lucky man!"

"You're sure I look OK?" Lucy turned sideways in the mirror, "Do I look very pregnant?"

Sue laughed. "Lucy, you're six months pregnant. You're supposed to have a bump by now. Don't be ashamed of it!"

"I'm not!" she looked at Sue, "I just wish I could be slim and beautiful instead of like this."

"But Paul loves you for you Lucy. And the fact that you're having his babies means the world to him. That's obvious. Even I can see how much he loves you and cares for you."

"I know Paul loves me, I have no doubt about that." She smiled softly, "I know I'm a lucky woman to have him."

They were interrupted by a gentle knock on the door. "Come in." Lucy called.

The door opened. "Dad!" she exclaimed, "You look amazing! I love that suit!" She got up and walked up to him and kissed him.

Daniel looked at his daughter. "You look beautiful Lucy. I wish your mum could see you!"

"Oh dad, don't say that!" Lucy began to cry, "I can't think of mum today without crying!"

Daniel hugged her close to him. "Well don't cry. Here, open this. It'll make you smile." He handed her a parcel.

"What is it?" she asked, surprised.

"I don't know sweetheart," Daniel grinned.

"What?" Lucy was puzzled.

"It's from your husband to be Lucy, not me!"

Lucy looked at the tag attached to the parcel and read it out aloud. "To my Lucy, something for you to mark this day. With love, your Paul xxx." She looked at her dad, "When did he give you this?"