Chapter 7

I knew where to find it. There was a meadow near by. It was full of old junk like abandoned cars and such. Surely I'd find a rope there.
I froze. There were two boys and one red haired girl sitting on the grass.
I recognized them. They were from school. I couldn't move. The idea of facing other people seemed impossible. They spotted me. No. Dark spots started to appear in front of my eyes. I felt myself slipping away.

Max's POV
We were sitting on the grass, waiting for Mike to come back from searching for El. It was pretty boring but at least I got to spend some time with Lucas and Dustin. Suddenly I spotted a figure at the edge of the meadow. She was female and not moving at all. She fell to the ground, seemingly lifeless.

Your POV

I once again awoke to someone shaking me awake. There were figures looming over me but they seemed so blurry and their voices so far away. Like it didn't matter anymore. Like I was finally allowed to rest.
They went into focus. It was real. Unfortunately. "Hey... Hey! Can you hear me? Y/n? Wake up!" The black boy said while the girl was shaking me awake and the other boy was calling someone on a walkie-talkie.
"L-Lucas?" I asked.
"Yeah! Yeah it's me. Stay awake. What happened?"
"Long story. Bad," I was used to not talking much after spending time with Eleven.
"Okay...." Lucas said, confused, "stay right here. We're gonna get you to a hospital."
No. I couldn't go back. Not now.
"Guys! Get over here! Mike picked up!" The guy in a cap called. I didn't stick around to hear what Mike said. I got up while they were distracted, and I just ran. Again. Would this be my life now? Would I always just run away from my problems?

_______________________________
320 words 😃 sorry for not writing much 😐 I can't say when the next chapter will be but I hope it's soon 😉

Nela