Chapter 13

It felt like we were on that bus forever. The landscape swished by the window. On and on. Eleven's chest heaved under my hand as she slept peacefully.
It all felt so perfect and yet to anyone else, it would've looked so wrong. Two queer lovers, too young for romance, or so society says, in torn rags of what used to be lovely dresses.
But one glimpse at Eleven's stunning face, and all thoughts that I'm not meant to be here disappeared.

After another hour or so, the bus slowed to a stop.
Eleven awoke with a start, "We're here!" She said, half exited, half terified.

She led me through dark alleyways and creepy streets. Most windows were shattered or stolen. I clutched her hand and she grinned at me. We entered a desolate building. There were some teens sitting around a fire. They looked mean. My grip on Eleven's hand tightened.
"Kali," Eleven said rather quietly. The teens turned around and one girl stood up.
"Eleven?" Kali said, clearly surprised. There was a horrible moment of silence. Her eyes were cold and judging for a moment but when she glanced down at the torn rags hanging on our bodies her look softened, "What happened?"

Eleven only stared at the ground. After a moment a tear hit the ground. And another. Kali hugged her close as I just akwardly stood there.

_____________________________
Sorry this took so long

Nela