Chapter 5

In the next few days we built a proper wooden shelter. It was finished. We stepped back to admire our work. Eleven's breath quickened and she whispered, "Castle Byers."
I didn't understand but I realized that it must've been a bad memory from her past. "Wanna tell me about it? It might hurt less that way," I sadly smiled.
"Bad," that was the only thing Eleven said.
"Okay," I continued anyways, "wanna come inside and I can tell you what happened to me?" She was so amazing, I'd tell her anything.
"Alright," she said, still a little shaken from the sudden return of her past.

We sat down inside. "Fort Neleven," I smiled. Eleven nodded and smiled back.
"So," I began in a more somber tone, "I asked a boy to go with me to the Snow Ball and..." I trailed off. Eleven rested her head on my shoulder reassuringly. "I caught him... Kissing another girl," I pressed my lips together and let a small tear run down my face. Eleven asked carefully, "Parents?"
"I-I left them a note saying that I was..." This was so hard but I had to be honest with her, "...that I like girls too," I couldn't even look at her anymore. My whole life I have been told that I was wrong, broken.
"Like... Kiss?" Eleven asked. There was not a single part of her tone that indicated that she thought it was wrong. I nodded, tears streaming down my face, "I-I'm sorry," I sobbed.

Suddenly I felt Eleven's lips smash into mine. It was heavenly. They were so soft. Before I could melt into the kiss, she pulled away, blushed furiously and hid her face. I was speechless and probably blushing to the point where I looked like a tomato.

Eleven's head snapped up. I looked the way she was looking and saw a black haired boy running away, clearly distressed. "Mike! Mike, wait!" Eleven yelled and ran after him. I was, of course, curious, so I followed.

________________________________
337 words 😃 sorry for the cliffhanger 😂 I think I figured out the way I want to go with this book 😁 Happy New Year everyone! 🎆🎆🎆🎆

Nela