26. James 3:18

[Minsun's POV]

It was currently Friday, the last school day of the week. All I had to do is get through this day and I wouldn't have to face my schoolmates for the next two days. On my walk to school, I was thinking back to yesterday. I was very thankful to have Jisoo show up when he did and give me a ride home. Along with that, he stayed a few more minutes to console me while I was being an emotional wreck and crying all over his jacket.

As I was caught up in my thoughts, I faintly heard a voice that sounded like it was approaching me. I turned my head and saw that Kim Taehyung was waving to me while calling out my name. I had to admit, I was still very embarrassed about what happened in school, and Taehyung being one of Namjoon's close friends, I wasn't quite sure if I could feel comfortable around him.

Although I tried quickening my pace, I could hear his footsteps growing closer. I looked up ahead and saw the crosswalk only had four seconds left on the timer. If I sprinted, I would probably just barely make it, but I was never good at running. I got to the crosswalk, and the walking sign was replaced with a red 'stop' hand sign, signaling the pedestrians to wait for the next safe time to cross.

A few seconds after reaching the curb, Taehyung caught up with me. "Hey, Minsun." He said, a little out of breath, "Did you hear me call your name back there?"

I hesitated before looking up at him. Once I did, I forced a polite smile. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you."

Taehyung nodded and stuffed his hands into his coat. "Do you mind if I walk with you to school?"

Well, it's not like I could refuse. We were only a few blocks away from the school and were walking in the same direction. "No...I don't mind."

After what felt like eternity, the crosswalk was finally safe, and we crossed the road. It was a bit strange not talking to Taehyung. When Namjoon and I were together, I would talk to him very often since they were best friends, same goes with Yoongi.

"Minsun," Taehyung started, "I just want to let you know that I think what Somin did was terrible. It was obvious that she is jealous of you, but, I think what Namjoon did was even worse."

I sighed. "Thank you, Taehyung. I know Namjoon is your friend--"

"Ha," Taehyung scoffed. "No. I think I'm done being friends with him."

I widened my eyes, as what he had said surprised me. "But Taehyung, you guys have been friends for such a long time."

"Well, after one of your friends does something like that? It makes you question if you still want to associate yourself with them." Taehyung shrugged as he glanced over at me. The school building came into view sooner than I thought it would, but the sight of it just gave me anxiety. "You know Minsun, I think you're really strong."

I looked at Taehyung and tilted my head. "Why do you say that?"

"Because. High schoolers are brutal. And yet, you never missed a day of school, and you endure their tormenting. That's why you're strong."

Hearing that actually made me smile. After what has happened, it was always nice to hear pleasant things from someone. "Thank you, but I don't think I'm all that strong. It's still so hard for me to walk through the school without feeling ashamed."

"Hey," Taehyung paused, as if contemplating what he was about to say next. "I can walk with you, if you want. Just so you won't feel so alone. And if needed, I'll kick anyone who tries to mess with you."

Well, I couldn't say no to that offer. It was nice not having to walk to class alone and to converse with someone aside from Chungha for the day. We went from eating lunch with a full table of people, to the two of us staying inside a classroom so I wouldn't have to face anyone.