14. Galatians 5:22

[Minsun]

After school I had another KCA meeting, but right before it was over, I checked my phone and saw a text from Namjoon.

Namjoon: I'm still on campus w/ yoongi. text me when youre done with your meeting so we can do something after

I smiled as I started to reply to the text.

"So Minsun, what should we plan for next week's meeting?" Jisoo asked me once all of the club members left the room.

"Well, we can start putting together fundraising opportunities and volunteer events. I think the members would like to do that."

"Sounds good." Jisoo agreed and started writing down in his planner. "Should we go to the café across the street to go over the ideas?"

"Oh..." I looked down at my unsent text message and hummed. I'm sure Namjoon won't be too hurt that I can't spend time with him today. "Yeah sure. We can go."

Minsun: sorry I have to do club planning things w/ jisoo. but we can do something tomorrow instead :)

"Thank you again for treating me." I said to Jisoo when I was almost finished with my latte.

"Oh it's no problem." He smiled while typing on his laptop. He talked about different volunteer organizations that we could get into contact for the club and I wrote down all of his ideas.

"Wow you're such a great vice president. I haven't even started looking into any charities yet, but you've done so much research already." I looked out the window and saw that the sun was going down. I still had to do a lot of homework once I get home. "I think I will start heading to my house right now. But good work today."

"Are you parents going to pick you up?" Jisoo wondered, putting his backpack on.

"Mm no, I was just going to walk home."

"Well if I had a car I would offer to drive you, but since I don't, I can walk you home."

"Ooh you're so nice. But you don't have to, I'll be ok." I paused for a bit to think about the last time I walked home in the dark. It's been a while since Namjoon always drove me.

Jisoo and I stepped out of the café and I was calculating how long it would take me to get home. If I speed walk, I might be able to get home in less than 30 minutes. It would be even faster if I took the short cut, but mom always told me not to walk through there at night.

"Are you positive that you want to walk by yourself?" Jisoo asked me one more time.

"Ah--actually if it's not too much of a hassle, can you walk half way with me? There's like this one street that I have to pass that barely has any street lights so it's a little scary and--"

"Don't worry, Minsun." Jisoo said with a laugh. "I'll walk with you the whole way."

"Look we got you home safe." Jisoo joked, coming to the front door of my house.

"Thank you for going out of your way. I'll see you in school."

"Alright, good night." He gave me a small wave and a quick hug right when the door opened.

"You again? I thought I made it clear that I didn't want to see you around--Oh. Who are you?"

Jisoo and I quickly pulled away from the hug and stared at my dad who just a few moments ago sounded like he was going to shoot someone.

"Dad this is my friend Jisoo. He's the vice president of the KCA club at school."

"Oh I see." Dad said with a friendly smile and shook Jisoo's hand. "It's nice to meet you. Actually I think I've seen you at church before."