7

Katie

Most of the plane ride was quiet and awkward. The tension between Ethan and I was almost unbearable.

After his last comment I just sat silently. I had no idea how to respond.

In a way it hurt me. I didn't leave him for Grayson. I took a better job opportunity and he didn't like it and he left me.

"Are you excited?" Grayson ask with a smile as we sit next to each other in the Uber. California was beautiful but a part of me knows this trip is gonna be awful.

"I can't wait to take a nap." I chuckle lightly. Which is true on so many levels. When I'm asleep my mind will be at ease which happens to be the complete opposite of what it is now.

"You alright?" He ask resting his hand on my thigh and giving it a light squeeze. I smile up at him slightly. "Yeah just jet lagged." I smile trying to reassure him. He returns the small smile.

As we pull into the hotel parking lot I'm in awe. Grayson never fails to go all out for his trips.

"It's great." I smile. Please let there be a hot tub. I could so use that.

"I'm glad you like it." Grayson whispers into my ear as we step out of the car along with Ethan. My cheeks turn red at how much I like him being this close to me. It always sent chills down my spine.

"Maybe we can convince Ethan to leave for a while." He murmurs resting his hand on my lower back, guiding me into the hotel as the driver gathers our bags.

"Wait. He's staying in the same room as us?" I ask stopping dead in my tracks. There's no way.

"It's a sweet baby. There's gonna be a door between our rooms." He reassures me. Something about the idea still made me feel weird.

"We'll have plenty of space I promise." He adds pushing me through the sliding doors.

Grayson doesn't even have to say anything to the lady at the desk. She's been expecting him. All she does is flash us a bright smile and slides our keys to us.

Ethan picks up the keys before anyone else can. He hands Grayson and I one and shoved his into his pocket. "So what about we go to the pool?" Ethan ask over his shoulder with a bold grin.

"I'm just gonna sleep for a little while. You guys have fun." I smile as we step into the elevator.

"We can wait till later." Grayson mutters.

Grayson's to my left as Ethan is to my right. I'm way too close to Ethan in this elevator. It reminds me of how we first met and it makes my heart pound at the sheer thought of it.

I stiffen as I feel Ethan's hand rest on my lower back nonchalantly. What is he doing?

He begins to rub small soft circles with his hand and it's comforting. I always used to love when he'd do things like this.

I can't be doing this now. Why am I letting him do this?

The elevator dings and Grayson's the first one to step off. He turns around and holds his hand out and I gladly take it.

What am I doing?

—————————
AN:
Leave comments. Feedback or ideas. Anything!!!