6

Katie

"Where is he? He's gonna miss the damn flight. We leave in 5 minutes." Grayson says with a long sigh.

Ethan was cutting it close. He never was the type to be late so this is weird. He's all kinds of weird now if I'm being honest.

Grayson's worried about how pathetic his business will look if his partner didn't show up. Its understandable considering this is a business trip.

"Babe I'm sure he's almost here. It'll be fine." I say resting my hand on his large bicep to reassure him. He lets out a lob sigh and sinks into the uncomfortable airport chair.

"Hey sorry. I slept a little longer than I had anticipated." Ethan says frantically as he runs his hand through his hair. I always admired his hands. They were large and he always seemed to know what he was doing with them.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as the intercoms announces our flight. "I'm glad you made it bro." Grayson mutters standing up and grabbing both of our carry ons.

As we step into the plane I realize Grayson and I aren't sat next to each other. He groans and looks at me apologetically. "I must've been in a hurry when I booked these I'm sorry. I didn't realize." He rambles rubbing his hands through his floppy hair that he decided not to style today.

"Looks like I'm sitting next to Katie." Ethan smirks putting his bag above our seats. Grayson tenses. I grab his hand softly and give it a light squeeze.

"Lets trade." He says to Ethan. Ethan snaps his head up towards his twin. "My bags already put up bro." Ethan argues throwing his hands up.

I roll my eyes and look back towards Grayson. "It's fine. I'm sure I can go a couple of hours without you." I joke. Grayson smiles.

"Are you sure you're okay next to him?" He ask obviously referring to our past. I swallow the lump in my throat because honestly I don't know the answer to that question.

"I'm fine." I say with a big fake smile plastered on my face. "I'll be just a couple rows back if you need me okay." I nod and turn towards my seat.

I go to lift my bag up into the compartment over our heads but Ethan stops me. "Here I got it." I send him a soft smile as he takes my bag from me and puts it up with ease.

"Thank you." I mutter taking my seat. "No problem princess." I roll my eyes at the pet name partially because it still sent shivers down my spine even though I'm with his brother.

"Why'd Grayson ask you to come on the trip?" He ask trying to break the awkward tension. "In case he needed help with anything. I am his assistant you know." I chuckle a little at the end.

"You happen to be my assistant too." He smirks. My chest tightens. "So that means you have to help me with whatever I need also." He adds. "Um I guess so. Yeah." I stammer looking down at my hands.

He falls silent for a while as my mind races with what exactly he'd need help with. Probably the same things Grayson does right? Paperwork emails and such.

"Do you miss us?" He blurts. My eyes widen as my head snaps back towards him. He has his head laid back against the seat with his eyes closed.

"I-I don't know." I say honestly. I don't know why I felt the need to be honest. I should have just told him no.

"Why not?" He ask obviously wanting a clear answer.

"You're different know." I say once again being completely honest. He sighs but sits up straight.

He's slow to turn to me but when he does, his stare makes me shrink into myself. He's still as intimidating as ever.

"Well if the person you loved left you for your sibling would you be the same?" He spits.

———————
AN:

Most of my updates will probably be on the weekends now. I'm sorry.