C H A P T E R 21

For the last few hours I have been back in forth in this hotel. The same hotel William bought me to when he said I needed to get my "shit together." Presented with thousands of opportunity to get as far away from here as I possibly could.

Even if I did want to run and get away, and I very well could pull it off, I won't. They still have Jazzy and -fingers crossed- the coordinates for Ari.

William fell sick the next morning after leaving Mickey's home. His family doctor was on her way and until then William ordered everyone to stay away, excluding me. He says that because he doesn't know what the illness is and how it effected him so fast, he don't want anyone near him until he see the doctor. This exclude me because if the sickness is contagious it's only a matter of time before I catch it.

I try with no avail to convince him to let me leave considering I didn't have the damn illness, but he refused. Now here I am catering to the man.

Oh yeah, William actually does want me to take care of him. "It's your job" he'd mocked my earlier words and began to break out into a fit of coughing. I should have left his ass there considering he was too weak to do anything too harmful anyways.

So here I am, on my way back down the hall to get some assistance from one of Williams guards he have posted in the next room over. All the rooms on this floor are hiding the men William has here to protect him. Along with the guards that are standing outside the elevators and staircases. William is too sick to defend himself so he's taking extra precaution.

With a simple; William is in need of your presence to the guards standing next to the elevators, I could be William free. They would never find me.

I approach the door and proceed to knock on it. My knuckles knock against the door rhythmically as I listen for the sound of someone's feet. Nothing. I knock again and I become tempted to open the door myself, but then the sound of a door closing sounds from the other side. The sound of approaching feet follow and I step back in order not to invade the mans personal space.

"The doctor is downstairs" I say blandly once the door began to open, not really holding much interest in standing here any longer, "William needs for one of you to go and- Aless-?"

My ability to express my shock of seeing Alessandro standing in front of me as I look up is cut short when he places his hand over my mouth and yanks me in the room. He looks around outside of the door before stepping in to shut the door. Locking it.

Alessandro lets go of my mouth before bring me in for a bear hug. His arms wrap around me tightly, "How I've missed you, babe."

****

Alessandro is pacing the room. Hands tugging at his hair as he thinks. He always do that when he feels stuck or at a lost. A habit.

I am sitting on the bed watching him. Not really knowing how to feel or what to make of his presence. He should be dead or, well, that's at least what William said during one of our car rides. I've been staring at him for the last five minutes. Forgetting about my quest for the doctor.

How is he here?!

"How are you here?"

It was a whisper that didn't catch his attention. He continued his pacing and completely ignore me. My thoughts are running wild as I try to make sense of the situation. Alessandro is here, in front of me, perfectly fine, looking better than ever.

Happiness- that's what I feel.

I get up from my seated position and for the first time in five minutes he stops pacing, eyeing me. I hug him.