-10-

4.05

I couldn't move a single muscle in my body and I felt as I was unable to breath, every time the air entered my chest, it hurted.
No, it burned, knowing we were doomed, that all of our efforts were in vain. Luckily the sunrise was away... yet.

-What now?-Marco asked and gave a quick look at William who raised his shoulders.

-Surrender I guess...-He answered and I could hear Dracula's short laugh right behind of me.

-I always knew the kind of man you were, but instead of listening to me, my...lady, right here, in front of us, keep and keep on trying to convince herself and the entire world that you are a person who's worth of trust.-Vlad claimed to me and I could see in his eyes disappointment.

-Aren't we losing enough time, Jonathan?-The woman, Van Helsing's grand grand child said mockingly and all of us laid our eyes on her.

Thirteen soldiers behind of her, with guns aiming at us. I could bet each one of them had a special feature to destroy us. If Dracula was right, William was the one to tell her every secret about the fantasy creatures like us.

-Yes... I am sorry, I never wanted all of this to happen, Irina... you just came to me so quickly, Halley herself didn't even recognize you when you came to the Project for the first time and thought you were just a regular unbecome... but the moment I entered your mind, I found everything, under lock, of course, but I thought that maybe, having you by my side...Vlad would join us as well...-William explained and I felt I was on the edge of tears, I could feel them boiling in my eyes.

-Why?- that was the only articulated word I could manage speak, the only word that came  out of my mouth, after hearing his... confession and realizing Dracula was right all along.

"I am Bram Stoker" William's voice repeated in my mind over and over again and I understood why he created such a terrible reputation for my ex lover...and I understood again, why I was always fond of Dracula instead of the so called hero, Jonathan Harker and Mina's relationship.

-Marco...-Kiara said and in a dash he appeared next to his sister.
Their eyes showed the confusion and rage, of the betrayal we were witnessing.

-I didn't have an idea what this all thing was about, I never...thought he could do something like this.-Marco replied, holding his sister's hand tightly.

-Oh...really?-Halley said with annoyed voice.- How all of you, creatures of evil can pretend you are pure and punish Jonathan? He lost everything on Dracula's hand... you aren't anyone to judge him right now... specially you...Count...

-Here we go again... for the eleventh time...I didn't kill your father neither the father of your father... all of them died, only to hunt people like us...people who are born differently... Even a hundred years ago, I didn't choose this life... neither Mina and I'm sure the twins were as surprised as every fantasy creature I know when they realised their life was going to change forever.-Dracula said his red eyes going darker after every word he pronounced.

She rolled her eyes and Kiara let go of the hand of her brother, walking quickly towards Halley.
He barely could move to stop her and when he reacted she was already right in front of the Doctoe Van Helsing.

-No I can't believe it, how someone can be so cruel like you are... you are mean just for the sake of it...you had had everything, hadn't you? Money, Family, and your only purpose was to seek us, torture us and use us...why? Because you believe you're better than all of us because you are a so called normal person... here's the truth... I know you are seeking for a serum something powerful enough to turn people like you...regular... into something like us... that is why your dad died...isn't it? I heard it...in the corridor's today and I just couldn't keep it in.- KIara said, and opening up her wings more and more as she approached Halley.

-Truth...I am jealous, because my family only cared for creatures like all of you...if I can become other people, "regular" as you said...I would prefer NORMAL, If I could give them your abilities...I would change the war...the fights...the whole world...-She claimed- Now...please, stay out of my way.

All we could see was Kiara's back, and her big black wings covering almost all of her.

Then we heard a noise and the short moan of pain of a woman.

I saw how Marco bended holding his chest with his right hand and I put my eyes back on Kiara, to see a blade coming out of her back, right in the middle of her Wings, and then it was pulled back, making her fall on the grass below, her fire red locks mixing with the blood which was pouring from her back.

-NO...-Marco said and quickly he moved to her side, Dracula disappeared from my side and appeared right next to Halley, grabbing her by her neck and throwing her away from the twins.

Jonathan or William, I don't even know anymore, came to me but I ran towards Kiara as well.
I felt his eyes ib,ne as I wad going away from him.
The hate....

Marco felt to his knees, holding Kiara closed to his chest and crying, trying in vain to stop the blood coming from her chest.

Her green eyes looking at him for a second, giving him a little heartbreaking last smile before passing out.

He held her tightly and opened his wings, Vlad, then held my hand and put a hand on Marco's shoulder, holding us when the wind he created made every soldier coming to us fell to the ground on their backs.

-We have no time, Marco, it's time to go now...-Dracula explained and Marco sobbed. Leaving his sister's corpse on the ground.

-I am so sorry, Ki...I am sorry...-He said quietly and then carried me, jumping and opening up his wings. A second later I was on the sky with him and Dracula.

Away from the shots, William, Van Helsing and Kiara.

I saw them becoming smaller and then both of Vlad and Marco speeded up and we were miles away in minutes.
Marco kept on crying, although he was trying his best to hide it, tears kept rolling through his face and to his chin.
I only could see the horizon, trying to pretend I wasn't as responsible as William and Van Helsing for Kiara's death.

-What now?-I asked and Dracula smirked.
-Now let's go home...-he replied.