Chapter 4-The Best Breath I've Breathed

So what we've learned about is basically how Christians should react under circumstances, and basics of Christianity. Now, I'd like to go more into the subject of spending time the right way. Did you know that in 86,400 seconds, 154,995 people will die? Did you know that in 86,400 seconds, 125,000 babies will die because of abortion? Did you know that in 86,400 seconds, 20,000 people will lose their job?

These numbers are terrifying! I don't mean to scare anyone, but we could easily be one of the 154,995 people who die each day. Life is too short! The Bible repeatedly states that life is gone like a breath! So what do we do? Do we take life for granted doing silly things in the flesh, or do we take action? I don't know about you, but if life is like a breath, then I want this to be the best breath I've ever breathed! Who knowing that they were going to fall off a waterfall would not try to escape while they have the time? Those who just accept their fate are foolish, but for those who try to live their life to the fullest while they have the time are wise! Now living this life to the fullest isn't about getting rich, having lots of items, having the cutest boyfriend or girlfriend, having the best husband or wife, having the best house and stuff like that! Living life to the fullest is having a fiery passion for Christ and living a life worthy of the calling God has called us to! John 10:10,

"I have come so that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

Jesus is not saying that you'll have an amazing life! Jesus is saying that now that you have been saved by Christ's blood that was shed on the cross for you and me, you are living in His rich grace and mercy He abundantly gives to you! You live in the freedom to love and serve your neighbor. You can live a life that is filled with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control! You can now live a life humbly, sharing the good news, zealously praying, giving your all to God! Before Jesus came, none of this was possible! But Christ tore down that wall that separated us from God, and brought all who call in His righteousness back into unity with God!

So how do we live life to the fullest? Here are some ways.

Matthew 28:19-20,

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the ages."

Jesus obviously commanded us right there to preach the gospel and to make disciples! Mark: 16: 15,

"Go into the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation."

What is the definition of proclaim? "To declare something one considers important with due emphasis." We should go out proclaiming God's word to everyone! Your unsaved neighbor, go and proclaim the good news! Your unsaved aunt and uncle, proclaim about Jesus! Your teacher, proclaim the good news! It's scary, trust me, I know! But Jesus said the He will be with you and me when we're spreading the gospel! Knowing that life is short, take as many people as you can to heaven with you! What else should we do?

1 Timothy 6:11

"..Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness."

Proverbs 4:5

"Get wisdom..."

Psalms 37:5

"Commit your way to the Lord..."

Romans 12:9-20

"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil, hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, and serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse those. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.' To the contrary, if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink..."

This is what our lives are for! This is how we should be living every second of every day! This is what living in abundance looks like! Do you have a grudge against a friend? Go to your friend and talk it over. Did you see a homeless man asking for money? Give him money! Are you getting bullied by someone? Show him or her Christ's love! Do you have a friend without a Bible? Give him or her Bible! Cook someone a meal, shovel someone's snow, give somebody cookies, rake someone's leaves, help someone move out, help a friend up who fell, give a friend loving advice, talk to the nerds and weird kids at your school! The list goes on and on! Living the life God has called us is not a life we can achieve by sitting around doing nothing! While we cannot be saved by good works, Christ set an example that we are supposed to live by, following this commandment, love others as yourself!

If this chapter has given you encouragement, energy or something of the sort, don't let that energy run out! Do something for a neighbor or a friend right now! Living a life for God is so much better than a life without the joy one receives when he or she accepts Jesus into their heart! There is supposed to be a change in you when you are saved! Your desire to love others as yourself is so hard, but so worth it! But we should never do anything for others only to get praise by others! We should do all things, to glorify God, to praise him! He is worthy of all glory and praise! But we often rob God of His glory. We do good deeds, but then we accept all praise for ourselves, not giving God any.

Living a life as a Christian is comforting, filled with comfort, knowing that our sins are forgiven. He does, command us to do good works, but we must know that if we don't do good works, God won't be mad at us. But as a response to the wonderful gifts He gives us, we should without hesitation desire to love and serve our neighbor! Again, even though we fail (and we will fail), God picks us up again, forgives us, and renews us. Amen