2.20 | Date Night + His Girl

ابدأ من البداية

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

I sat at my cubicle, sketching the design for Anjali's dress once I was done with my office work for the day and had checked all my emails and replied to the ones that needed a response.

Payal came by and saw the sketch. "Wow, that's pretty."

I looked up and smiled. "Thanks. I'm designing it for Anjali di to gift her on her birthday."

"Anjali di? Wait, is that Anjali Raizada? The boss?"

"Yup," I answer as I pick up a blue coloring pencil. After making a few streaks, I looked up, finding her silence odd. "What?"

"She's the boss, Khushi. None of us ever even see her come into the office, and yet you're talking about her as if you two are friends."

That's when it strikes. I had forgotten that no one here knows of my relationship with the Raizada's. Well, except for Lavanya and Arnav themselves. So, I spun a story, "Oh, well, remember that party Aman gave me the invite for? Said I needed to go since I was designing the calendar?" Payal nodded, recalling that. "That's where I met her. She was pretty cool, unlike our boss ASR." I added, to keep some flavor and not reveal just how personally I know Arnav. "I guess we stayed in touch?"

Payal commented, "Dang. That is so cool. I'm actually jealous."

"Jealous?" I questioned, not understanding any reason to be jealous.

Payal pointed out, pulling a chair up, "Ofcourse! She is a famous designer, you know that. I would kill to wear one of her designs. I was somewhat stoked when I got accepted to work here, but then I learned she stopped coming in. Apparently, something happened and the last three-four years actually, she hasn't come out with any new designs."

I knew Anjali was a designer, but I had no idea she stopped creating new designs. "Really? Huh, that's news. The way she is always caught up on latest news in the fashion industry, I didn't even pay attention to that."

Payal shrugged her shoulders, "Yeah, kinda sad if you ask me. The stocks of this fashion house would skyrocket if she started coming in and working again."

I grinned, starting to get an idea of my own. "Yeah, now that would be cool."

I have often heard Anjali comment that she was bored the whole day. I intended on finding out why she stopped designing. The world was missing out on her amazingly awesome talent, and I'll be damned if I did nothing about it.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

I was dressed in Levi's black jeans clinging to my skin and a floral printed corset top with short sleeves and styled button-through. I paired it off with strapped flats, nude color. I was waiting in the living room for Arnav with Anjali. I was thinking of how I could casually drop in the conversation to figure out Anjali's reason for deciding to quit working when Arnav came down the steps in a Calvin Klein faded blue jeans paired with white colored button up shirt.

I looked at Anjali to see we were sharing the same expression. I rolled my eyes at him. "You chose to wear a formal shirt?"

He argued, looking at his shirt, "This is hardly formal."

I took a step closer to stand right in front of him and unbuttoned the top two buttons of the shirt. I guess knowing he's the guy who saved me makes me more comfortable around him to not hesitate to step up to him. "Better."

I knew better than to force him to go change. I had seen him in a fair share of casual tees, but I do not understand why he rarely wears them anymore. It's as if he had matured way too soon and almost always wearing something decent and formal.