Chapter 13.

Paige’s POV

“Well, what do you kids want to do?” Demi says, flopping herself down on the couch.

“Dem, it’s 5 o’clock, I thought you’d want to get food? What’d you want to do Paige? Oh and I’m not a kid.” Marissa says, taking a set next to her.

The second I hear food, my stomach drops. I was happy a minute ago; now I want to crawl in a hole. I could barely eat breakfast this morning; never mind a full meal. Also, it doesn’t help that Marissa’s here. If I have another break down, she’ll see and think I’m some psycho. That’s if Demi hasn’t already told her about my problems; that’s why she sided with me in the paint fight! She pities me! Oh, great. My thoughts are interrupted when I hear someone saying my name repeatedly.

“Paige, are you okay?” Marissa says, bending down to my level.

“Yeah sorry, just th-thinking.” I stutter, trying to hold panic tears back.

I look over to Demi for support who has now sat up and is looking at me. She nods reassuringly; as if she can read my mind.

“Well, where’d you want to go for dinner?” Marissa asks with a concerned smile.

“Um, I don’t mind, it’s up to you and Demi” I say, trying to break eye contact.

“Okay then, how about World’s Famous Hamburgers!” Marissa exclaims, turning to face Demi who has a look of concern on her face.

Being the brilliant actress she is; her concerned look changes to a smile when Marissa turns.

“Sure, sounds good Mar” Demi says, with a fake grin.

Marissa hops up and down excitedly and sprints out the room to get ready.

“You okay boo?” Demi asks, holding her arms out to me. “I guess so. How am I going to eat though Demi?” I ask worriedly, taking a seat next to her. “Babe, I’m going to help you no matter what.” Demi whispers, kissing my forehead. 

I follow Demi and Marissa towards a booth in the far corner of the restaurant. I’ve never been to a burger restaurant (I know, crazy right?) but I’m guessing the menu’s going to be full of fatty, calorie filled foods. Marissa slides into the leather booth on the left side and Demi on the right. The restaurant is fairly busy so I can feel my anxiety rising. In case of emergency, I slide in next to a disguised Demi. She has her blue hair tied up in a bun with a cap on top, and dark sunglasses cover her eyes. People around us haven’t noticed Demi yet; hopefully it’ll stay that way. After a long debate over what meal she’s having, Demi decides on a bacon and cheese burger. Marissa chooses a barbeque beef burger.

“I don’t know what to get Dem” I whisper, tracing my finger over the different meals on the menu. I look for the low calorie ones, but they all seem disgusting.

“What about a bacon one like mine?” Demi suggests, pointing at one on the menu. After looking at the calorie amount, I decide not to order one.

“I’ll have a salad actually.” I say, closing the menu over and leaning back in the booth.

“Oh okay then…” Marissa says, while going to wave for a waiter.

“Nope, Paige will be having a burger like me.” Demi says simply, raising her own hand in the air. Great, fat. 

The cute waiter places the burger in front of me. I nod my thanks and stare down at the plate. Grease covers the fatty, meaty, beef burger and oil is oozing out of the bottom. Demi gets the same and practically shoves it in her mouth. Marissa gets her burger and starts on the salad side order. I pick my knife and fork up and start to slice the burger open slowly.