Chapter 24

(NAGISA'S POV)

"Are you sure you're fine, Karma?" I asked the red-head for the umpteenth time, looking very concerned.

"I told you, I'm fine, Nagisa. No need to worry about me." He said, brushing it off as if it's nothing.

And somehow, I can't believe his words. He looks very far from 'fine'.

As you can see, once we have arrived home last night, Karma was completely drenched from the rain. Because unfortunately, as we were driving back home, the car broke down and Karma have to fix it in the middle of the rain. Or else, we'll be stuck in the middle of the road under the hard pouring rain.

It's making me worry that he might be sick, but he assured me that there was nothing to worry about because he doesn't get sick easily. And I can't help but doubt what he said.

With nothing much to do with this stubborn red-head, we both went to school. Of course with me keeping an eye out for him.

Karma and I settled on our seats as more of our classmates came in. It wasn't long until the first bell of the day rang and our teacher, Irina-sensei (surprised?) came in. She greeted us with her usual cheerful tone before announcing something none of us expected.

"Alright, everyone! We have another new student joining our class starting from today. I hope you'll all be calm as he comes in, okay?" She smiled at us as they all nodded. She turned her gaze to the door. "Please, come in."

When the said person came in, series of loud yells, cheers, and screams from each and every one of my classmates bombarded throughout the whole classroom. Except for me who sat on my desk, eyes wide open in shock.

I glanced at Karma who earlier was motionless on his seat was now actually sitting up straight, eyes as wide as tennis balls; and still and hard as a rock. If I'm feeling shocked right now, I don't know what more he is feeling.

"Good morning, I'm Gakushuu Asano, and I'll be joining your class from now on. I hope we'll all get along great." As soon as he said that his gaze landed from me then to Karma before he smiled.

And again, everyone were all screaming as our teacher did her best to calm all of them down. Once they all finally relaxed, she began to speak, "I'm so lucky to have two famous people as my students. So, Asano-kun, you may now take your seat behind Karma-kun,"

And before anyone could even move a muscle, Karma suddenly sat up from his seat which caused everyone to turn their heads towards him.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

"Ah, Karma! You are indeed here like the management says." Asano said but I could literally feel the smug seeping into his words.

"Karma-kun, is anything wrong?" Our teacher asked. Karma then sighed and just sat down, mumbling something incoherent to himself. Irina-sensei only stared at him in confusion before shrugging it off, "Anyway, you may take your seat now, Asano-kun."

And as Asano trotted towards the empty seat behind Karma, I could audibly hear the whispers and chatters from the small group of my female classmates saying things like:

"I can't believe we have two famous people in our class!!"

"Aren't they both so hot??"