Chapter 11

(KARMA'S POV)

For the rest of the day, Nagisa and I ditched class to show him how fun life is as a teen. I brought him to different places, the mall, the arcade, and somewhere like that.

His eyes would widen and would pull/drag me around when something caught his attention. He was really adorable, he looked like a kid who just went in a candy store for the first time. I could presume he never went to such place like this before. And I could see he's having fun, but what was weird was that... He still won't neither smile nor laugh even though I could see the enjoyment in him.

And we ate in the restaurant where Nagisa said was his favorite place to eat. I saw him acting a little weird as if he's bout to cry, but he claimed that the place is just nostalgic and it brings back fun memories. I asked him what memories but he seemed so reluctant saying it so I just dropped the topic which I could see he was relieved about.

"H-Hey, K-Karma... There's one last place I wanted to go. Can we go there?" Nagisa asked, looking up at me once we exited the restaurant.

I grinned and held his hand. "Of course. Where is it?"

Nagisa and I went to the park, and the way I see it, the most secluded part of it. We sauntered up the miniature hills, I looked around in awe, I never saw this part of the park before.

He leaded me to a certain place on the hill, and stood there. This place is extremely beautiful. Its still beautiful, serene, and exquisite. It was like a hidden garden or blissful paradise.

"This place is really magnificent, Nagisa. Never even knew such place existed in the park." I said, still looking around.

"Yeah. This place hadn't changed even the slightest bit." He nodded. So he as been here before... I wonder how he found the place.

"Uh... Lets sit down?"

Nagisa was about to take a sit down on the ground when I stopped him.

"Wait," I said as I took of my black jacket and neatly placed it down on the ground, patting it. "Alright let's sit!"

"But that's your jacket..."

"Its alright."

He sighed and I let him sat down on the jacket first, before I sat down myself. I can be a gentleman if I want to, okay? I watched him pull his knees to his chest. We sat like this for a quite a moment, just taking in the breathtaking scenery silently, until Nagisa spoke.

"Dad used to take me here all the time." Nagisa said in a straight face. He looked at me, "It was always so fun hanging out with him."

"Your dad? Where's he now?" I asked.

"He's gone now... He's... Dead..." He mumbled, I could see tears was dwelling on the corner of his eyes.

"I killed him."

Nagisa's hand immediately flew to his mouth. I looked at him in surprise and confusion.

"You killed your dad?"

He sucked his breath. He looked down and said, "I killed him. He died because of me. It happened ten years ago. We were in the car, I kept on bugging him to bring me to our favorite restaurant--the one we went to earlier-- it was raining so hard. Dad just told me to behave as he drove there, but I didn't listen. Dad lost control of the car and we hit the trailer truck. Dad died because of me. I killed him. If only I should've listened. I'm a killer."

I looked at Nagisa in complete disagreement.

"Its not your fault, Nagisa. It was an accident and you never wanted it to happen."