Chapter 17

NAGISA'S POV

Panic coursed through my veins when I saw Karma staring back at me,  a shocked and surprised expression was written on his features.

"Nagisa..." He mumbled ever so quietly, my ears could barely even picked it up.

I stepped back, still wide-eyed, tears just flowed freely. "I-I'm sorry."

He saw me. Karma saw me hurting myself. What should I do?

He made a step forward.

"Stay away." I don't know what came over me. But I was about to run off when clumsiness over took me as I slipped on the wet tile.

I just suddenly gasped when I began to fall forward. Everything felt like in slow motion as I shut my eyes close, preparing myself for the probably very painful impact on the floor tiles.

But I felt no pain. Just arms wrapping around me. I opened my eyes and I saw Karma who has a frown on his face, worry was seen in his mercury-colored orbs.

"I-I'm sorry..." I sobbed, my lips trembling. I felt him pulling me to his chest, hugging me.

"What's wrong, Nagisa?" Karma asked, his voice low with such concern. I felt my chest ached.

I can't let him know I love him. It'll... It'll ruin everything.

The thought of Karma being disgusted and walking away after knowing how I feel for him crossed my mind, making me sob even more.

Damn, what the heck is wrong with me?!

I couldn't answer him. I couldn't even trust my own voice at the moment, so all I did was shake my head.

"Is it about your mom again?" I feel so bad. I'm making him worry. I swore to him that I'll never cause him hindrance. "Don't worry, Nagisa. I'm here and she can't come after you anymore. She's already behind bars. You're already free from her grasp."

Karma gently grabbed my shoulders, making me stare back up at his eyes. "Come, let's treat your wound." He turned the shower off and placed a towel over my shoulder before he grabbed my arm, pulling me towards the bed.

I stayed silent as Karma began bandaging my arm. The atmosphere in the hotel room was enveloped with uncomfortable silence when I heard Karma spoke.

"You're still doing it, Nagisa." My heart pounded against my chest. Sudden realization hit me. I'm still only wearing just my shorts. And regarding with what he said, it wasn't a question. It was definitely a statement, I just knew it.

I bit my lip. I could see his eyes traveling from my wrist, to my stomach and to my thighs. It's all exposed. My cuts and scars are now exposed. I promise him I wouldn't do it anymore... But I just couldn't help myself.

"I'm sorry." I apologized again. "I just can't stop my--"

I was silenced when arms were wrapped around me, pulling me to a really warm embrace. "Arghh! You idiot. Seriously, until when are you going to stop hating yourself? You're perfect just the way you are. Haven't I told you to stop this already? You're really making me worry, baka! When I heard whimpering from the bathroom, I thought you were attempting to kill yourself again, baka! This isn't healthy! What would I do if something worse happened to you? Baka!"

"I'm sorry." I stated once more after the red-head finished with his overdramatic babbling. "I guess you hate me now..."

Karma sighed, unwrapping his arms around me. He looked at me with a sad smile, "Haven't I told you that I could never hate you? I'm just really worried about you, alright? Gosh, what would I do if you're gone in my life?"