Dinner date

When I woke up Montez was gone already but there was a note.

It read: "Hey, I went out to get some food for us if you wanna head out let me know on this slip of paper. I'll see you soon, sooner than planned I hope. Have a Good day."

He's sweet and I love it. I shouldn't but I do. If only I had noticed him in college. This could have been our trip and half my time wouldn't have been wasted on pointless fights and disagreements between De'Andre. I thought about this a lot. I needed to know what I was going to do with De'Andre. I'll figure it out soon enough. Right now I have to get ready
For my little "friendly" date with Montez

A few minutes later Montez walks into the bungalow with a bag. I smelled pancakes and fresh fruit. "Is that the lovely breakfast you got for us?" I asked sweetly, sitting up on the bed.

"Well, of course, it is beautiful." His reply slips his mouth swiftly and smoothly. He gives me a kiss on the cheek as he takes everything out the bag.

I sure love breakfast in bed with a handsome man. "After this, I'm going to head home and get ready and all that good stuff. Could take me days to get ready." I laughed, teasingly.

"Alright that's fine, take all the time you need. No more than six hours though because we kind of has a "friendly" date. He winks.

We ate our breakfast and started talking about anything we could possibly think of minutes turned to a few hours super quick. I got off the bed, put on my clothes from yesterday back on, grabbed my phone and purse, and ran out. Suddenly I remembered something. I ran back in and kissed him on his cheek. Then head right back out and to my our bungalow.

I got there and De'Andre was there sitting on the couch, watching tv, pretty laid back. I really wasn't expecting him to be right there in the open "Hey Dre, what you been doing since last night? I'm really sorry about that honestly." I flopped down on the couch next to him, facing him. There was a slight sadness in my eyes just waiting for a response.

He avoids all contact with me. "Hey, it's okay. I'm the one who torn this relationship apart. Like they say you never know what you have until it's gone. I took you for granted which wasn't fair to you. I love you, I truly do but I don't deserve you at this point. I want you to be happy and if Montez makes you happy be with him, Destiny. I saw the way he looked at you when I was there. Didn't take me too long to figure out how he felt. I don't know how you could've seemed to miss it." He turned to me, sad.

"What do you want to do Then? I told him I wouldn't pursue him until everything with us was sorted out and settled." I went into our room and into the closet.

"I'll be out the house before you get back from the trip. We'll tell our parents and family together that the engagement is off. We should probably change our bios and information on social media." He spoke. His voice was a hushed tone.

"Don't be wild you don't have to leave right away. That's way to soon to pack and find your own place. You can stay for the next month. Wait what do you mean I get back? Are you leaving? Why?" I stepped out the room as I spoke loudly.

"I have to. There's no point for me being here anymore. This was always your dream location, not mine Des. Like I said, I want you to be happy and I wouldn't wanna rush you into a new relationship that you aren't prepared for because of me staying here. Promise me one thing Des."

"Sure. Wassup?"

"Never let anyone hold you back from what you want and go for it. It works for many situations."

"I have to hop in the shower but of course I will as long as you don't let anyone force you into doing something you don't want to anyone. You're good at that." I laughed teasingly.

"Haha very funny, I promise." Sarcastically speaking. 

I returned back to my room to get my outfit for my "friendly" date with Montez. I picked out a solid black dress. Between the boobs around my waist, there's this lovely soft laced her. There's a thigh-high slit on my left side. What makes it better is the train of the dress. I was going to wear it for that special night but this seems appropriate for the occasion. I placed my accessories and shoes besides the dress then went to the shower.

Forty-five minutes later I walk into the room, ready to get dressed. There's De'Andre hovering over the dress. He's just looking at the dress. No movements. Maybe he's slightly stunned. He runs his fingers down the right side sleeve.

He felt my presence, he always could. It's like a sixth sense to him. "Wow, this dress is amazing. Are you going somewhere special? With Montez, I hope.

I was kinda shocked that he asked but I was more shocked when I saw his suitcase already ready and packed. He was as ready but I wasn't sure I was quite ready for him to go. Even though we weren't going to be in a relationship anymore I wanted the great friendship, we built from day one. "We're going on a "friendly" date together this evening. Yes with Montez and if I'm being honest I'm pretty excited for it even though you're leaving. Anyway let me atleast walk you to the dock if you aren't going to stay. This is the least I can do for you after this." I began picking out clothes to run him to the dock.

He took the clothes and put them back into the pile on the bed. "No, no you don't have to do that. I know how long it takes you to get ready. Focus on that, you promised you wouldn't let anything hold you back and in this case, I would be holding you back." He gave me a weak smile he walks out the door and in that moment my heart dropped a bit. A single tear slid down my cheek. I began to turn away but the doors swing open at full speed. I turn and De'Andre lays a big sloppy kiss on my lips. I couldn't help but melt in his arms. "NOW THAT'S HOW YOU DO A GOODBYE KISS." De'Andre said and dashed out the door. I was truly shocked, that was the last thing I expected to happen before seeing him go.

A few hours later I was finished getting to see Montez. I shit him a text "Hey mystery man, I'm ready whenever you are surprising. Let me know when you're on your way. See ya then" I decided this would be a good time to get caught up on my work from home.

Hours went by and it was ten minutes until eight. I hear a knock on the door assuming it's Montez, I swing the door open to find a young woman crying her cries out. She looks hurt, I gazed down and saw blood sliding down her side. She was holding her arm tightly. "Honey, what happened?" She tried speaking but the words weren't forming correctly. "I wa-as wal-lking along side the bea-"