Chapter Eleven ~

(Jimin's POV)

"Will you shut up?" I barked, ramming my finger into Hoseok's shoulder. "It's not my fault!"

"You were so blunt about it!" Hoseok spat.

"Calm down," Yoongi chided, pushing the two apart. "It wasn't anyone's fault. It's just... her."

"You guys need to remember that she's probably not in the best mental state," Namjoon spoke, cleaning his glasses.

"Exactly," Taehyung agreed. "Her mom died from an illness with no cure, her dad killed himself, and now she's stuck with a whole kingdom."

"Not to mention all the work she has," Jungkook added. "It may look like she doesn't do a whole lot, but she's a lot more stressed out than you would think."

Hoseok nodded, glancing at me behind those orange-tinted bangs of his. He had just recently dyed it, getting rid of the brown locks he did have. "Yeah, I... I forgot. I'm just so used to following her around all day, fetching her things and reciting her schedule, that I don't even realize what she's probably going through."

"If she doesn't want a ball," Yoongi pondered as he sat down at the small table in the hallway, "then what does she want?"

A creak came from the ceiling and I subconsciously looked up, watching the small lights sway as the castle settled. The basement always had weird sounds coming from the ceiling or even the walls and you just kind of got used to it.

"Her parents," Jungkook sighed. We all looked at him, slumped against the wall. He had suffered from the same ordeal, his parents dying when he was young. That was how he came about. Bangtan needed another member and he was looking for a place with a bed and toilet. But that was the past.

"Yeah, well we can't get them," Namjoon sighed. "I'm sure Jin-hyung can come up with something."

"He's upstairs, though," Taehyung muttered. "Oh, wait a second!" The blonde ran off into a room, shoving the door open to reveal a small bedroom. The walls were painted beige and there were tape measures strewn around, different materials such as silk, velvet, and tulle hung from where ever they could be placed, and various bottles with dyes inside. The sound of several things crashing to the ground was heard and Hoseok looked shot a weird look to Namjoon who shrugged in response. An "aha!" followed the crashing and Taehyung came out of his room, a calendar in tow. "Her birthday should be coming up so let's see..." His eyes ran across the dates and he flipped over a month and smiled. "Her birthday is the third of March!"

"So that's fairly close," Yoongi replied.

Taehyung nodded, glad he had come up with something.

"But she doesn't want a party," I piped up, finally speaking.

"Who said anything about a party?" Taehyung asked. "I say we do something special, just us."

"She may just dismiss it as work though," Jungkook noted.

Taehyung shrugged. "Oh well. That's all we do anyways."

"Well, we should do something big and amazing," I said, unbuttoning my vest. "Like Hoseok-hyung told me earlier, we should be rotting in a jail somewhere. She was kind enough to take us in, despite of who we were. And we didn't deserve that."

"No, of course not," Namjoon stated. "We didn't deserve a grain of sand."

Yoongi shook his head. "Yet she let us stay here and establish a new life. And to be honest, I couldn't thank her enough."

Jungkook nodded. "Could you imagine what could've happened to us?"

"That's what I mean!" Hoseok walked closer the group. "Everyone hates her for no reason. She was just thrown into the queen role without any proper help or training. You can't just expect someone to be perfect for the first time."

"Actually-"

"Would you hush?" Taehyung scolded the youngest of the six standing there.

"I just wish everyone knew the Queen Evangeline we know," I murmured. "Everyone takes her for being evil and unkind but... she can't help it."

"She can't." Yoongi propped his feet up, stretching a bit while yawning. "She's just doing what she thinks is right. And if that's how she wants her kingdom to run, then that's how it'll be run."

A door slammed shut and footsteps echoed off the walls. Soon, a pink haired Jin came out of the darkness of the narrow stairwell. "I got dinner all cleaned up and Eve is in her room. Your shift starts now, Jungkook."

The brown haired male nodded, going into his room for a minute before coming out with his prized sword at his side. "I'll be back in the morning," he said, wishing his hyungs a good night before he left.

"She say anything about me?" Hoseok asked, moving towards the oldest male.

Jin shook his head. "Just a good night. She was in her parent's room when I found-" he jumped as the slamming of the metal door rattled the walls, "-her."

"She never goes in there," I pointed out. "I think I'm the only that goes in there. I have to clean that painting every other day or so. It's the one that's hung everywhere. Very pretty."

Namjoon nodded. "What was she doing in there?"

Jin yawned. "Uh, crying I think. I don't really know. Her eyes were all puffy and red."

Taehyung groaned. "Will that girl stop hiding her emotions? We don't judge!"

"I think it's her pride, Tae." I grabbed a chair across from Yoongi and plopped down. "Queens don't cry. You ever see one break down into tears?"

Taehyung shook his head. "But we're just her servants. We wouldn't laugh."

"Do you know what she was crying over?" I questioned.

"No," Jin answered. "I just know that I'm going to bed. You guys should, too. We can sort this out some other time." And with that, he retired to his room, quietly shutting the door behind him.

"He's right," Hoseok said. "We should get to bed. No telling what she has planned for tomorrow."

---