Death of the family

“Cole! Kill Lucian!” Demetri struggled to yell as he and Lucian were at each other’s throats. Cole stopped dead and Joe did the same. We both watched as he dashed to Lucian and pounced on him, just as he was about to bite down on his neck, Demetri stopped him “We could have lived in peace with them, we could have stopped this silly war so many years ago, and yet you refused to give in, my friend.” He chuckled and bent down on one knee next to Lucian “Tell me, why?”

“I despise the humans….. I can’t live in a world where I and they co-exist” Lucian struggled to talk as Cole clamped down on his neck. Demetri sighed “you shall never change.” He got back up again and stood beside Cole “alright, end him.” he commanded. Cole wrapped his jaws around his neck and bit down hard, I watched as the life left his eyes… however Cole did not ravage this body as much as he did the others. He got off of him and sat down at Demetri’s feet.

Myself and everyone crowded around Lucians body, all glad to be done with it, however, Sienna wasn’t there. I heard a battle cry and turned around to see Serena jump onto Sienna’s back and stab a branch through her chest . Everyone’s eyes widened in shock as we watched Sienna fall onto her knees “NO!” I looked at Joel; it was him who had called out to her. He ran over and grabbed Serena’s head with both hands, he flipped over her and ripped her head off in the process and screamed out in pain and anger, all in time to catch Serena before she fell to the ground. He caught her in his arms, she wasn’t dead yet… we all watched the horrific scene, paralysed. He knelt on the ground, holding her torso up “no. no, no. Sienna no!” he began to cry and grit his teeth. He buried his face into her chest and cried out a blood curdling scream.

She lifted a limp hand to his face and he raised his head to look at her “Don’t…..” said whispered “Sienna….. I love you.” He whispered to her. With what little strength she had she pulled his head closer to her and pressed her lips to his. He held the side of her head, keeping her up into their kiss, then slowly backed away. “I…… love you.. t-to” she said through gasps. Joel roughly kissed her again, but when her hand dropped when he did, she was gone. He cried aloud, and held her up closer to him, hugging her “NOOOO!” he screamed, the sound echoed through the forest.

Tears escaped my eyes as I saw Sienna die, my gaze went towards Richard who went to pick his sister up and sling her over his back. “Come on. We’re going to bury them” Richard said walking over to Joel. He simply sniffed and nodded in response. He picked Sienna’s body up bridal style and head out into the woods and the others followed. I turned to my father whose head was hung down “Joe… please don’t hurt any of them” I said to him quiet enough so no one else could hear. “Alright… Sky. Your friends here today have shown me that some of them do have feelings… I won’t kill them, now. But I can’t deny what I am, just as you can’t deny what you are, it’s what we do, and I will still go out and slay any vampires I, or any innocent human, come across”

“it’s you I’m worried about. If you attacked them, they’d kill you within a second” he raised an eyebrow at me but didn’t retaliate. Cole turned around and started growling at Joe, so he backed further away from him and said “Sky, come back with me, there’s nothing here for you anymore.”

“How can you say that!?”

“Look at him, Sky! He’s never going to be the person you loved, he’s a monster!”

“No! No he’s not” I won’t give up! I won’t do it… how do I know he’ll never come back if I don’t even try!”

“Please” he extended his hand out to me “I’m sorry, dad, but I cant..” he sighed in frustration, said “Alright” then ran off in the opposite direction in the woods. I looked around to the other side and saw distant figures disappearing into the forest. I followed them, I didn’t know where they were going and I didn’t want to stand around with the dead, black covered bodies all around me. I ran to them, forgetting most of my weapons I have left there, but I didn’t get too close, I knew any moment Cole could become disobedient again and attack me, I still had blood on my face, only it was dried now. I looked around at everyone, and there were in much worse physical condition to me. Clarice had scratches all over her back, Alistair had a chunk of flesh missing from his neck. Joel had blood pouring from his head and all over his body. Rose had red blood, which stained a patch of her hair and her shirt. Richard had a giant gash in his arm and slashes across his chest. Sophia’s clothes were torn and she had a slight hole in her chest. Demetri had blood pouring out of his neck with cuts over his body.