Friends?

So, I sat in English awkwardly behind him, I was scared he’d turn around again. The teaching was talking about poetry at the front of the class but I couldn’t focus, plus I hate poetry. I was doodling; I’m okay at drawing but not good. Without even realising it I had drawn his piercing eyes, why? ”nice drawing” I hear a voice in front of me say, wait, what? He never turned around did he? I never saw him! And dammit now he’s going to think I like him or something, but I don’t “w-what?” he still didn’t turn around to look at me. “your drawing, its pretty good, the likeness is uncanny” he sounded so calm and cool, how is a guy like that not weirded out by something like this “it’s not what you think!” I half yelled to him, we were still in class so it was the best I could do. “I didn’t really know what I was doing… I just drew them by accident and no, they’re not good, they never are..” I said looking down at the floor and slumping back into my seat. He suddenly turned around to me, he looked really serious. He glared into my eyes and said “don’t say that. They’re good. Don’t be embarrassed. “ he never broke eye contact or blinked, I looked back at him with wide eyes. That was surprisingly nice? He never talks to anyone this much, not even teachers. He turned back around again abruptly, I didn’t even get a chance to say anything “thank you..” what has happened to me, I’m shy, I can’t predict anything this guy’s going to say and whenever I do try I’m wrong.

We both spent the rest of English In silence, I didn’t draw anymore, I didn’t feel like it and he didn’t turn around again. After the day had ended I got my stuff from my locker, which I saw was only a few away from his, I could see him leaving as I walked up to mine.  I headed out of school but as soon as I did, the popular girls were there, it’s like they were waiting for me. Their names are Chloe, Madison and Kendal. They dress so skanky in short skirts and fillets in their bras, fakers. Chloe stood closest to me, she had bleached blonde hair and the other two were brown and dark blonde. “Hey emo freak” Chloe called out to me, I can’t be bothered with this again. They don’t get to me, ever, I don’t care what they think, especially considering what they look like. I simply walked past them but Chloe nudged her left side into me “hey! Watch were you’re going bitch!” she yelled at me “you’re the one who bumped into me, Chloe” I said sighing, I’ve already had a year of this. “no I didn’t weirdo!”, “look I’m really not in the mood for your pointless name calling today, it doesn’t bother me and I really don’t care what you think of me, so just move out of the way” I was still pretty calm at this point, you get use to this sort of thing. “I don’t think so and whatever stop trying to act tough and admit it, it bothers you” “no, no it really doesn’t, it’s annoying how you won’t let me go home however” “you think you’re so high and mighty with the way you talk don’t you?! Using proper English and stuff, who do you think you are?! You think you better than me?!” she said making fists with her hands “yes, I do, look at you, you’ve ruined yourself trying to look like you have big boobs and dressing slutty, maybe if you stopped worrying about what the dumbass boys thought you could actually get a grade higher than a D” I wasn’t being sarcastic either. “What did you just say to me!? You Bitch!” Chloe threw her fist forward to hit me but I dodged it and grabbed her wrist. Her two minions however came at me too, it was difficult but I dodged most of their punches, I could handle myself and well and was pretty strong.

They fight like typical girls, pulling hair, slapping, but I punched them and got Chloe square in the face, hey self-defence! I was doing well until they all came at me at once, shit. They had pushed me down onto the floor, Kendal and Madison were holding me down by my arms as Chloe knelt on me, crushing my legs and stomach. She then began punching my face, she wasn’t strong but after a lot of punches, it really starts to hurt. I was thrashing and kicking around but it was no use, I was pinned down to the floor with no way of getting out. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see Chloe any longer or my first loss in a fight, I was always good at fighting when I had to! But this was one situation id never been in. All of a sudden I feel them get off of me, reluctantly and scream out in pain. I shot my eyes open to see someone fighting them, Cole. “Cole? What are you doing?” I say getting up. He slams each girl to the side of the school and the floor, wow, what amazing strength; he takes a moment to turn to me “SKY! RUN!” “what?! But what about you!?”