Dark Swordsmen And A Dragon Named Ren

Start from the beginning

“There, that should warm it up a little.” the dragon stated, satisfied about his actions.

“Ummm” I said starring at him, then to the water.

“What? If you don’t want that mermaid to be back I have to stay in the water, but you know she may just be friendly after all. I mean she may have wanted to give you a haircut with that knife of hers.” the dragon stated, slowly walking out of the water.

“So in order for me to safely take a bath, you have to stay?” I asked, not liking the scenario.

“Well, its your choice? Either way I need to bathe to. Don’t worry, I’ll turn my back while you bathe.” he said with a grin before walking back into the water.

“Thanks, I guess.” I whispered as he dove underneath the surface. Sighing I quickly got undressed and dove into the water, which was as warm as a normal bath. I stayed underneath the water for a moment before rising to the surface. As I did so, the dragon appeared also. The light shining off his damp scales seemed to give the world a new color. He shook himself slightly and immediately locked his gaze on something in the water. He then began to spin in circles, chasing whatever he was looking at until he plunged his head underneath the surface. I laughed at the sight of him doing circles until he resurfaced seconds later with a fish held tightly in his jaws. He immediately threw his head back, launching the fish into the air, and caught it in his mouth, swallowing it whole. After doing so, he glanced to me and smiled. I smiled back as he dove under the surface again, this time with me following. I dove in after him, and immediately noticed the clarity of the water. It was so clear that it would rival that of an indoor pool. The most immediate thing presented to me was the extreme depth of the what seemed to be small pond. It seemed to go down hundreds of feet, but darkness seemed non existent to those depths. I could clearly make out at least 9 mermaids at the bottom. All of which were looking up at me, waiting for there chance to attack. The dragon then appeared underneath me and dove to the bottom. How he managed to go to that depth amazed me. He seemed to grab something from the bottom before looking to me. He then broke away from the bottom and began to swim to the surface. As he swam, I noticed that it was similar to when he flied. He used his wings, which propelled him through the water at a high speed. As he reached the surface, I began to swim toward him and broke next to him. He turned to me and began to laugh. I laughed in reply.

“Here, let me help.” he stated as something touched my leg. I looked to the source of the touch and saw his leg underneath me.

“Thank you.” I said with a smile before standing on his leg. I could stand about waste high, but chose to stay neck level with the water. He smiled and brought his paws to the water surface.

“Take this.” he said, opening his paws and reveling a small, quarter sized gold medallion. “Keep it with you in case you need me.” he said causing me to smile. “What you do, is when you need my help, you hold it in your hand and think of me.” he said, clasping both my hands closed around the medallion with his paws. Deciding to try it, I closed my eyes and began to think of him.

“Just like that.” he said after a moment of silence. I looked to him and smiled.

“Thanks.” I said, locking my gaze with his. There was something about his that made my thoughts to run wild. It seemed like I knew him, but I didn’t know where from. We sat in silence or a few moments, starring at each other for what seemed to be hours, but in reality was only 5 minutes or so.

“OK you two! That’s enough!” Sorrel shouted from the bank, breaking me from my train of thought. The dragon starred at me for a few more seconds before shaking his head slightly and looking toward Sorrel, whom was on the bank behind me.