We All Want Hope (Hope Mikaelson)

I stare at the ceiling that I've been staring at every night for the past eighteen years. Well, eighteen years and an hour. Today is my birthday, and I really don't feel like celebrating it this year. There was only one thing I wanted and my Aunt Becks knew it. I had read the letter that my mother left me when i was seventeen. I've read it every night since then. Looking for the only thing that she never explained to me. Why she and my father gave me up, well they didn't give me up, they sent me away to live with my Aunt Rebekah, but I call her Aunt Becks, it's easier.

Look at me getting ahead of myself, my name is Hope. Hope Mikaelson. Great name right? It sounds like a grandma's name. Well Aunt Becks, always told me that our family was old fashioned. I guess so but I wouldn't know. I stand up, and walk over to the mirror. It was nighttime but it was only eight o'clock. The time when I was born. Rebekah told me that my mother didn't have me in a hospital like normal people. She actually had me in a church while witches practically cut me out of her.

That's right witches. I know the whole story, about vampires, werewolves. hybrids. My Aunt didn't think that it was the best idea for her to tell me but I practically begged her to tell me. Little did I know that all of the bed time stories that she had told me, were stories of my past. But she refused to tell me who my parent's were, their names, even what they looked like. She told me it was for my safety. What in the hell did that mean?

"Hope come down please!" a voice that belonged to my over protective aunt, she had the prettiest british accent.

I smirked a little bit, "Give me a minute!" I call back down, my accent wasn't as thick but it was very noticeable. I look back in the mirror, and a face that I hardly recognize anymore looks back at me. I smirked a little bit at the black haired woman, my eye liner was done a litle bit thick I guess but I liked it.

Let me elaborate, you see my Aunt raised me in pink sundresses and white sunhats. She raised me to be a cheerleader like she always wanted to be, even though she always called me my father's daughter. I have a closet full of pink and purple clothes. Though I didn't mind the purple to be perfectly honest. But in a nut shell, she wanted me to be a girly girl. I am anything but a girly girl, unlike her, even though she's over a thousand years old she still likes all of the teenage girl things, even while she was raising me because she could wear them since she still looked seventeen. But she knew how to keep things under control.

Today is my birthday like I already said and I went out with some friends and dyed my hair from gold to black and got a nose ring that hurts like hell right now, but it was worth it. I was wearing a dark purple half shirt that had a skull and crossbones on it and black jeans with chains on them. I smirk an evil smirk, that always reminded Aunt Becks of my father, so we always call it the hybrid smirk, just for fun.

I walk downstairs with my now black hair swinging behind my back, my hair came down easily down to my waist, I walk into the kitchen and I saw a three layered cake that only me and Aunt Becks are going to eat. I roll my eyes and shake my head with a smile. She turned to look at me and she dropped the box that she had been holding, "What the bloody hell did you do to your beautiful hair?" she nearly shouts walking over to me and grabs a little bit of hair in her hands.

I gasp a little bit when she suddently was right in front of me, I hated it when she did that. "I just dyed it, It's not a bit deal Aunt Becks," he tell her walking towards the cake, "Oh! Chocolate," but Aunt Becks didn't say anything. She had her arms crossed and I knew what she was going to say.

"Hope, is this because of that boy you liked?" she asks, knowing better than using his name.

But his name was Paul, I absolutely loved him, but then he cheated on me with my best friend Rachel. I roll my eyes, she already knew the answer to that. "I just need change Aunt Rebekka, that's all, I was with him for two years, I just needed change and I needed it in fifteen minutes," I told her, looking down at my feet.