Chapter 4

My hands shake as I drive across the border of Louisiana. I hadn't received any calls from Aunt Rebekka, from Lizzy, from Matt, not even from Paul or Rachel. This was starting to worry me. I just wanted one phone call from anyone to make sure that people I cared about at least a little bit were alive! I see my hands were starting to shake so much and I had to pull over. Tears started streaming down my face without my permission, my chest shakes and I'm nearly screaming out the windshield just out of desperation. I move to the passenger side of the car and hug my knees to my chest. I had absolutely no idea what was going on. My aunt had told me about my parents and how they gave me up to protect me but I still didn't know what they were protecting me from and I sure as hell wasn't expecting that!

I sit there for a good solid hour, I'm pretty sure that my jeans were wet. I tuned out everything else out and just let myself wear off the shock. I tried searching for something that I could use to tune down the shock. I remember something from health class but it's fuzzy, I'm pretty sure it was something with sugar. But the car was brand new and my aunt was a clean freak so there wouldn't be so much as sunflower seeds in the back seat.

I make sure that I'm actually stable in the brain enough to drive then pull back onto the road. I look at the address and purse my lips. I was going to some place to someone I didn't even know? To people I'm not even ready to meet? But if Aunt Becks told me to I had to trust her. She hasn't steered me wrong yet.

It's morning by the time I get to New Orleans. I sigh letting my head rest against the seat as I park against the curb. I didn't know exactly where I was because I had never been here before but I had to get to this address. But I couldn't exactly walk around looking for the address because people would know I was here. Aunt Becks wouldn't have told me to keep my name to myself if I was only here to pick up dry cleaning. I look around and observe the people that are around. Most of which are humans. The vampires must have only been able to walk at night. Which meant I had to get out of sight before night comes around. I turn on my GPS and the instructions stopped here. I growl and slam my hand on the steering wheel. Does everything have to be so damn complicated?

I get out of my car and start walking. I pulled my hood over my head as I walk, probably making me look like  something to be avoided, because my face was pale and my eyes were ringed with red. I take out the paper in my wallet and look up at the signs. There were a lot of streets and I have sneaking suspicion that this house is very secluded. I take a couple lefts and a couple rights. But I am met with the same thing. Absolutely nothing. Eventually I am pissed off enough to rip into someone's throat and I'm not exactly a closed book when I'm pissed off, my eyes are crystal blue and my hair stands up a little bit, making it frizzy. Pretty sure that's some sort of sick thing with my werewolf side.

I make it back onto the streets and I've memorized the address by now, I'm near the French Quarter, which I've passed near a million times and I come face to face with someone. He was about a foot and a half taller than me just because I'm so short, his skin was black and he had no hair. "And who might you be?" he asks me trying to be suave and woo me or some shit like that. "I don't believe I've seen you around here before Sweetheart,"

"Who's asking?" I ask him looking him over. I could probably take him. Except he's a vampire and a lot older than me by the looks of him. But I had a mission and no vampire was going to get in my way.

"King of the Quarter at your service," he says grabbing my hand and kissing my knuckles, making my face fill up with blood against my will.

I raise an eyebrow  not amused and walk past him ripping my hand out of his, "I'm not interested," I tell him looking down at the paper.

The quick vampire took it out of my hands, "Well, I don't give up so easily," he grins at me. I hold my breath. He was about to find out why I'm here. He furrows his brow as he looks down at it. He looks back up at me like he knew exactly who I was. Then he covered up his persona as he crosses his arms. He looks me over. I mi-mick his movement crossing my arms over my chest and looking him in the eye.  "What do you want at this address?" he interrogates me.