Nineteen

The two burials were conducted together.

If the concerned family was okay with it, the locals of this town believed in a burial as opposed to a cremation. While one pleased both nature and God, another pleased God but went totally against nature.

And so it was that both the young men were being buried into the ground. The graveyard was brimming with visitors of both the families. Everyone had come to be a support and pay their last respects to the deceased.

Everyone except for one person.

He stood facing the scenario with a mission in hand. They had come across a small bump in their operations. There were now two deaths. And the Quarantine had no idea which one was their victim.

His task was simple enough. Go to the graveyard and find out which corpse was their victim and whose family it belonged to. And then that family would be terminated, automatically killing whosoever had written that note.

But as of now, he was unable to determine which victim was theirs. He had arrived slightly late and the bodies had been buried by the time he reached, hence not enabling him to see their faces and recognize their quarry.

But he was determined to succeed in his mission anyhow. For Mirza had proven himself capable of something they had never dreamt of. Dismantling the Quarantine. They could now no longer live in the bubble that all their mistakes would be forgiven since they were after all the Quarantine. Forty members. Mirza's favourite number.

There was now no other alternative. He had to ask someone.