»8«

»8«

It was a few days after Ashton's little spur that Luke began to question he older boy's actions. Sometimes he'd let out a low whine if Calum had finished the cereal, or maybe a groan when Michael was busy in the washroom. Call him over observant, he won't really care. He's just insanely confused.

That and the fact that Ashton won't even speak about that night. He dismissed the entire topic just after, not uttering a word before he left Luke on the couch to go and - try - to catch a few hours of sleep before the radio show the next morning.

Currently the four of them were rushing off to some little interview show they'd been asked to attend. It was hosted by a couple, Mark and Rachel, and they wanted to catch up with the 5 Seconds of Summer boys before their schedule got too filled up.

They were seated on the rather large couch in the order; Calum, Ashton, Luke, Michael. And although Ashton had tried to swap Michael and Calum, the host wouldn't allow it. Rachel thought it was funny how their names all created the acronym "CALM" and thought they should sit that way.

Ash was nervously folding his hands in his lap, hearing the whispers of Michael before the interview kicked off. Once every so often he could feel Luke tense up and he'd shake his leg slightly to ease his mind. Maybe Luke was just nervous.

Suddenly, the lights flicked on and a red light appeared above the camera. Rachel clapped her hands while Mark took a sip of his coffee.

"Hi boys!" Rachel exclaimed. She shook her blonde ponytail slightly as she crossed her immensely pale legs, shuffling cards in her hands. Mark patted her knee.

"Hi!" The four choruses back in complete sync. They were told to act civilised, that meant answering the questions without getting distracted and not making inappropriate jokes.

"So, how're you guys this morning?" Mark pipes up through sips of coffee.

"Pretty good, we're just sorta tired from the jet lag and all." Calum tried to enlighten the situation by making a jet lag joke. Tension filled the air quickly, Rachel coughing breaking the thick mist.

"Hopefully we can ask a few questions before you scurry out, yeah?" The blonde woman smiled heartily with her obviously fake smile. "firstly, are you all four single?"

They all nodded, Ashton feeling a pang in his stomach when he watched as Luke didn't nod. Luke swallowed and prepared himself for a few questions.

"Luke? Have you gotten yourself a girl?" Rachel's eyebrows wiggle suggestively. Ashton's chest begins to burn like it did with the Michael situation, although he can hear his heart beat in his ears this time.

"It's complicated. She's not a big fan of me being famous, but hopefully I can introduce her maybe at the next interview." Luke genuinely smiles. Although Ash is having this pang in his chest, he can't help but feel a melting feeling immediately follow as he stares at Luke's pink lips.

Abruptly, Ashton stands up from the couch and scurries off backstage with the boys shouting for him.

Why is his chest burning?

-

{ oh shiiiiiiiiiit. uhm, any predictions? <3

moral of the chapter; sometimes some people lie to gain emotion.

- Stella💕}