Chapter 1

Leaning against a tree I tried to catch my breath after I've been running for god may know how long. I looked over my shoulder to see the dim light in the distance, sighing I sat down on my knees. The darkness embraced my body as I didn't dare to go further into the woods in fear of who I might bump into, it could be thieves, a wild animal or even an akuma. A shiver ran down my spine at that thought. Why did I even run? It's not like it would help me anyway. Maybe I should just go back again, but what if I just got sad again and he would come visit me? Roselia why did you have to leave me, can't you just help me out just this once? I shut my eyes tightly as I held back my tears, I sniffled a little and stopped as soon I heard someone approaching. I could hear them having a small conversation, or more like one is complaining and the other telling him to shut up. Not knowing what to do I quickly hide myself behind the tree I was sitting against. I peeked from the spot I was hiding. I got a clear look at two males walking past the tree. I caught my breath because I didn't want them to hear me. I took my time to analyze their clothing, I can't really see what it was all I can tell one are wearing a long coat, he also has long hair in a ponytail and some kind of sword with him. The other are wearing a jacket, he has white pants and black boots. His hair is shorter and.. Is that an eyepatch? I was keeping an eye on them until their silhouettes disappeared in the dark. Taking a deep breath my tense body began to relax again, I pressed my body against the tree as if I tried to find some safety. I closed my eyes again. I must find somewhere else to be than here it's not safe, it's not safe anywhere. The Earl might still be after me for turning him down. Slowly I got up as I took a glance at my surroundings all covered in dark, slowly I began to walk back to the town I came from. Though I don't have any intention returning to it, just find another way out of here. The sound of my foot steps against the dirt ground was the only thing I could here, then there would be a sound in the bushes and that is enough making me jump and I turned around to see where it came from. Nothing, I should have guessed. Just as I was about to turn around a hand grab my shoulder, I started to scream. "Don't touch me!" I slapped the hand away from my shoulder, but it didn't feel like a human hand. I turned around to see who it was. My eyes went wide as I was face to face of a level two akuma. It's smiling at me with an unnatural wide smile and looked at me with big red eyes, the spider-like body was towering over me. I.. I can't move, I can't even speak. It seemed to be amused by my reaction. " Kiiihihihihi I'll make sure to remember that face of yours." It got closer to me, a large hand came from its behind and pushed me up against the tree. An other scream left my lungs. "Now where is it?" I looked at it, I know what it want but. "I-I d-do-don't know what y-your talking about." It gave a sigh as if it knew that I know it. "What a shame." It took the hand back readied itself to kill me. I closed my eyes ready to leave this life, but it never came. This made me open my eyes again and in front of me was the two males from earlier, leaning against the tree to keep myself up I couldn't help myself but look at the scene before my eyes. So that's how exotics looks like? "Che what a bother.." One mumbled as he held out his kantana and pointed it at the akuma. "Don't be so grumpy Yuu." The other said a little cheerful in this situation, I was about to speak but the injury prevented me to do so. I began to cough and my knees gave away under me. "Che just leave that bastard to me and get that brat out of here." He sounded like he was really mad. Brat? I didn't ask for your help. I couldn't get those words out of my mouth. The next thing I know was me being lifted by somebody, I raised my face to look at the person I caught a glimpse of his face. He has a green eye the other was covering by an eyepatch, his red hair seemed to be held in place by the bandana. He was smiling at me as both of us went up in the air. I tried to speak, but not a word would leave my lips. "Don't try to speak, the hit you took seems like it took away your breath." He gave a short chuckle at his own bad joke, but I did as I was told and shut my mouth. I could feel my consciousness fade, the last thing I saw before my mind went black was his lips moving.