Chapter 2

"Haha, come on (y/n) try to catch me!" Roselia laughed as she ran past me on the open field where we would play whenever our parents way busy or when we ran away from all the trouble we would make in town. I laughed while my small legs ran as fast as they could when I began to run after her playing tag, it took me no time catching up to her since I was the fast one of us and she was the smart one. The grass tickles my bare feet, the breeze was playing with my brown hair and the mild spring sun feels warm against my skin. I finally caught Roselia. "Got you!" I pushed her gently in the back before I ran another direction and heading toward the forest, where we weren't allowed to enter. "Awww (y/n) that's not fair, you're way faster than I am." I Could hear Roselia whine in the distance, she eventually caught up to me and was standing right beside me, just as I was about to take a step in there a large hand grab my shoulder. I got so scared I screamed and turned around, there I was standing face to face with a tall man. He had a black coat on with silver shoulders, so where the edges of the sleeves and the bottoms, he wore black pants and boots, but the one thing that really caught my eyes were the cross on his chest. His medium length black hair was in a half ponytail, he looked at us with his blue eyes. "Isn't it hot wearing all that?!" I asked in a loud voice. "Shhh (y/n) don't be so loud" Roselia said to me as she looked up at the man. "Are you an exorcist mister?" She asked as she pointed at the cross on his coat, the man looked surprised at her question before he smiled and kneeled before us. "Yes I am miss." He smiled at us, I felt dumb not knowing what she's talking about but of cause it would be something she would know about. She has probably been reading it somewhere or was told about them, I didn't really care so I looked behind me at the trees creating the forest. "Why did you stop me?" I looked back at the man rather annoyed for being stopped. "Have you heard the stories too, I mean it's just stories right, there can't be a monster in there they don't exist!" The man sighed when I raised my voice again and lowered his head. "Well don't you want to be on the safe side, right? So will you young ladies please stay away from this forest?" He smiled at us as he stood up again. "Of cause mister exorcist." Roselia almost sang. "Sure, sure if that makes you happy." I said with puffed cheeks. "Come on (y/n), we better go home before it gets dark. Bye mister!" Roselia took a hold of my hand and ran towards to town. She waved at the man with a smile all over her face, I also waved at him without turning my head until we were almost out of the field, I took a quick glance back at him and saw he was entering the forest. "Hey Roselia, look" We both stopped and looked towards the forest, just in time to see him disappearing between the trees. "I wonder why he went in there when he just told us not to go in there." I said. " I don't know, but come on let's go back now." Roselia pulled my arm, just as I was about to take a step a loud explosion.

With that I woke up. Oh it was just a dream. I sit up in the bed not knowing how I ended up there in the first place I looked around the room. Am... Am I at the hospital? My upper body is hurting, what happened? I lifted my shirt and looked at some bandage covering my body. Oh yeah... That monster attacked me last night. I wonder how I got here. I was about to climb out of the bed when somebody opened the door, I glance at the bedside table and grab the lamp that was on it, using it as a weapon. In came the red haired boy who took me away. "STRIKE!" He yelled and raced toward me. I was about to hit him with the lamp when a shadow come from what seems to be nowhere and kicked him away before he got to me, my gaze followed where he went and a small man was standing on top of him. "Eh?" I got really confused by the scene that just happened. "I apologies for my grandson's behavior." The small panda-looking man said and jumped off of him at headed towards me. "Don't get near me." I pushed myself up against the wall holding out the lamp to protect myself. "I have no intention on hurting you." He said as he sits down on a near by chair. "I just came to check your wounds." I was keeping an eye on him. "I don't even know who the two of you are." "They call me Bookman, and that idiot over there is Lavi." He informed me. "Geez gramps you didn't have to say it like that." Lavi got up from the floor rubbing his head and looked at me. "So now you know who we are, who are you and what did you do in the woods in the middle of the night?" Lavi was smiling at me. "First up, my body is fine. Second, you don't have to know my name, I don't think we will meet again so it has no point for you to know, maybe if we meet again I will tell you. Third, I was just running away from someone." I got out of the bed carefully not getting to close to any of them and without taking my eyes off them. "Awww come on please tell me." Lavi whined, Bookman hit the back of his head. "Is that all you can think of!" He cleared his throat. "Who are you running away from?" He asked me. I gave a sigh. "I think I should say it as it is. I was running away from the Earl. I told him I didn't wished to bring back someone I loved, because I knew what would happen if I did. I don't know, maybe he saw that as a threat or something, but he had an akuma to come after me." I sat down at foot of the bed, and looked down. "The Earl?" Lavi looked at me clearly surprised. "How do you know so much about these things?" I looked at him. "My friend knew a lot about it, she never told me why she knew so much about it and you exorcists, but she did. I guess I got caught up in it too at some point. She even dreamed of joining the Black order." I sighed. I could feel both their eye on me, still holding the lamp in my hands. Bookman came over to me taking the lamp from me. "You did the right thing, but first. Do you know where the innocence is?" I looked at him as he asked me that question. "Yes I do."