Chapter Twenty -Two

Chapter 22

I was still shocked. I couldn’t believe Harry had set all of this up. He brought me to the park down around the docs. He set up multiple blankets and pillows on the grass. They were placed right in the centre of four large oak trees that were all connected with lights hanging from them. Harry also had bought roses and laid them on the grass to create a pathway leading up to the spot under the trees. There was food already out and I swear I could faintly hear music.

He grabbed my hand and walked me down the rose path and as we got closer I could hear the music more clearly. He actually managed to set up a wireless sound system.

“Y-you managed to set all of this up in two hours?” I turned to him in disbelief and he chuckled.

“Yeah, like I said Lou helped me out so I could have all of this ready for 7.”

We both sat down and ate the pasta that had been made.

“Wow Harry this is really good, I hope you didn’t go through a lot to set this up.” I blushed and looked out towards the docs.

“Thanks I cooked the pasta, and not that much, but your worth it love.”

After we ate Harry cleared away everything. This date continued to surprise me. I laid down on my back and looked up into the sky. You could see so many stars it was amazing. Harry came over and laid beside me. He grabbed his hand and turned my hand to look at him. He smiled but still looked up at the stars.

“I know you’re staring at me.” I laughed and his smile grew bigger.

“I can’t help it, I feel like I’m stuck in a daydream. Tonight has been incredible. Thank-you.” He turned to me and looked into my eyes.

“I’m glad you liked it.” He leaned in and kissed me. I quickly pulled away before things could get heated.

“Why’d you do that?” I looked over at one of the large oak trees. Soon an idea popped into my head and I quickly ripped my heels off. Harry sat up and looked at me with a confused face.

I sprinted towards the trees before Harry could catch me. I jumped up and swung myself up onto the lowest branch. I jumped onto the next branch when Harry called out.

“Red? What the hell are you doing in a tree?”

He ran over the trunk of the tree and looked up at me.

“I always used to climb trees as a kid and practice my balancing skills when I wasn’t in the gym for gymnastics.”

“Scar… could you come down, your gonna fall.” He yelled up. I decided to use this to my advantage and play a prank on Harry. I jumped up higher until I was up pretty high in the tree.

“Harry do you doubt my skills?” I giggled.

“No! I just doubt the branch holding you up.” I pretended to act shocked by his comment so I gasped.

“Are you calling me fat Harry?!”

“No! No I- I swear- that’s not what I-“I cut him off. “What did you mean then Harry?” I smirked.

“I meant the branch looks weak!”

“This branch is perfectly safe. Look watch!”

I started jumping on the branch. On the third time I jumped up I faked it so it looked like I was falling. Harry instantly ran to catch my fall but saw I was having a fit up in the tree.

“That’s wasn’t funny!”

“Oh yes it was!” I yelled it up.

I jumped down off the branch and started to climb down. I reached the bottom branch and swung my legs over and flipped myself backwards so I was hanging by my legs and looked at Harry. He pouted his lips and crossed his arms over his chest.