Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

It seemed like hours before the tears slowly came to a stop. Ever since Luce died I learned how to shut off my emotions. Tune out the pain. I guess it just built up over the years and I finally cracked. I couldn’t take on all these new emotions I had live so long without.

Guilt.

For the first time since I became an Assassin I had felt guilty. I had felt guilty for 2 reasons, guilty for trying to kill 5 boys who seemed clueless to what they did and for kissing the one person I vowed to get my revenge on. I was torn between two. Half of me wanted them to pay for everything they did to my sister and my other half longing for the boy I had just pushed away.
My heart was split in two.

My mind and my body wanted different things; and when you asked me what I wanted I couldn’t tell you… If you asked me what is the one thing I want most in the world, I would look to you and say death.

After drying my tears, I got up and walked over to my bedside table and looked at the clock.

4:30pm.

I cursed silently. I had almost forgotten about dinner, had I really been crying for that long? I was about to walk in the ensuite when there was a knock at the door. I wasn’t in the mood to deal with Harry. Not yet.

“Go away! I’m trying to get ready Harry!” I screamed. Yet the knocking continued.

“I don’t want to see you, Harry, or Zayn or Niall or even Liam so just save yourself some time and leave!” I sneered.

The knocking seemed to stop, but when I went to turn around to walk back into the ensuite, the knocked started up again.

I ran over to the door, swung it open ready to knock out Harry.

“Honestly Harry, take the fricking hint, leave me-“ I stopped mid sentence as I looked up to see beautiful piercing icy blue eyes staring back at me.

“I’m not Harry… He stormed off after he came out of the training room. We have no idea where he went… we thought you beat him and that’s why he was pissed, but you didn’t come and see us, so we’ve been searching for you and- wait Scarlet have you been crying? You’re not hurt are you?! Did something happen in training? Liam promised me you wouldn’t rip your stitches” He frowned and looked down at me. I turned away allowing him access into my room, I quickly shut and locked the door.

“I’m- I- I mean- look I’m fine and if you don’t mind I really need to get ready for this dinner tonight, so…”

He smiled and responded cheerfully.

“That’s cool I can help you pick out an outfit for this dinner, I’ll match with you”

I looked into his eyes. Why was he being so nice? But I didn’t have the energy to push him away too.

“Louis, its ok I have a dress and shoes all picked out, Sarah and Bri beat you to it, and I just need to shower” I said. He looked hurt and was walking away when I did something I didn’t mean to do.

“But... y-you’re welcome to stay while I get ready if you want” I faintly smiled and walked into the ensuite. I climbed into the shower and let the burning water take away the pain and make me go numb.

Louis came in a bit later and sat on the sink counter.

“Um... if you don’t mind me asking, why did Harry storm out of the house? What happened in training?” he asked hesitantly.

“Honestly… I um- I mean I think he’s mad at me” I admitted in defeat.

“Scarlet, say no more, it ok, it’s none of my business, forget I asked alright?” he said sweetly.

After a long moment of silence Louis spoke up.

“So what’s your favorite animal?”

His question surprised me.

“What?”

“Sorry, you’re just so boxed up… I want to try and get to know you better”

I stifled a laugh

“What you came up dry on your computer?” He laughed, before continuing.

“Maybeee, l’m simply just trying to get to know you better”

“Louis, it’s alright, and I love horses.” I smiled thinking back to when I used to be in riding lessons.

“Aren’t they big?”

“Some yes, but they are really friendly if you feed them carrots”

“They eat carrots?! I LOVE CARROTS!”

It got very silent until we both burst out into laughter. In the few minute Louis had been here, he had managed to make me forget Harry. Forget everything that was bad.

“Alright, alright next question” I said trying to catch my breath.

“Favorite color?”

“Black, Blue, Red”

“Really scar, that’s three”

“It depends on the day okay!”

“Ok, sassy pants! Umm… If you had two things you could be stuck on an island with what would you pick?”

“A library and my family” My voice hitched as I finished the sentence. I inhaled a sharp breath waiting for Louis to bring up that horrid question. Oh god, Scarlet why? Things were going so well! Why did you have to mention family! I was mentally banging my skull up against a wall. When Louis replied suddenly

“A library? That’s odd”

“Well...”

“I think I just found myself a beautiful nerd ladies and gents!” Louis called out.

I giggled and responded before he could comment on my love of books.

“No it’s not that! I just- ok maybe it is how it looks, but I love books, if I was on an island, I would never be bored”

“Scar I was only teasing, I’m a book worm too, but the lads don’t know it” He smirked.

I got out of the shower with a towel wrapped snug around me; Louis looked at my dress on the hanger before he excused himself to go get ready.

I smiled at the fact of how Louis had been with me for not even an hour, and he had cheered me up. We had lots of things in common. I think Louis began to actually start to kind of grow on me. He was so nice, kind hearted, yet immature, loud, and funny. I couldn’t help but smile when I thought of him.

I had just finished my hair and make-up and walked out of the room to go put on my shoes, and last minute accessories. I heard a knock at the door. I walked over stumbling to put my other heel on and finally made it to the door. I opened it up and was bombarded with a giant group hug.

“OMG WE MISSED YOU!” Bri squealed.

“These heels are going to be the death of me” Sarah muffled, from being smothered by Bri and I.

“Seriously she could have been dead and you are focusing on your heels?!” Bri turned to Sarah.

Sarah and I looked at each other and burst out into laughter and hugged bri again.

I released both of them and took a step back to get a better look at their outfits. Sarah was wearing a black and purple dress, with black heels, her hair was in soft curls, and her make-up complimented her dress. Bri wore the complete opposite and looked like a Cinderella; she had on a silver and blue dress, silver glitter heels, and her hair was in a low bun with her bang swept to the side, and bundled at the back. Her make-up was softer, but still suited her. Both these girls looked absolutely amazing. I was very impressed.

“You guys look absolutely amazing!” I said.

“Us?! Um hello Scarlet look at you! Damn were good” Sarah replied smugly.

I looked at the both of them before bursting into a fit. We all managed to come down. I hugged them again tightly.

“I’m just so happy you two are alive, T though- Never mind I’m just happy they didn’t do anything” I smiled, and released them.

“Um more like you Scarlet! We have been worried sick; they haven’t done anything yet have they?” Bri said concerned.

“N-Nothing serious...” I looked down at the floor before continuing

“Not all of them are bad; I think I’m concerned about Harry the most…”

“Well we will keep an eye out tonight” Sarah smiled and grabbed onto my hand. I grabbed onto Bri’s and we each walked out of the room hand in hand.

“I guess it’s time to go”

They both let out a giggled and said

“Oh I can’t wait! Teasing Niall is gonna be so much fun!”

“I bet you I can get Zayn to do anything for me by the end of the night” she winked at both of us before we unlinked arms and reached the grand staircase.

“Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go!”

All three of us descended the stairs. I looked up to see all five boys staring at us wide-eyed. I looked up be met with Harry’s burning green eyes, as I descended the stairs, Bri was the first one down and Niall shook his head before stepping forward and holding out his hand for her to grab

“You look beautiful” She blushed and slipped her hand in his.

Sarah reached the bottom next and Zayn gulped and walked over to meet Sarah.

“Your look absolutely stunning babe” He winked as she slid her arm through his.

I was almost at the bottom when I caught Harry’s eyes again, his jaw was dropped and his eyes wide, Louis was also wide-eyed but managed to snap out of it and step forward and extend his hand to help me. I gladly took it and smiled.

Louis walked me to the door and slid his hand around me waist helping me inside the large hummer limo. Liam and Harry climbed in after us. I glanced over at harry quickly to see his eyes catch mine. I quickly looked away and talked to Louis until we reached the restaurant.

We were all greeted at the door with a tall, beautiful brown haired girl. She walked over to Liam and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. She them turned to us.

“Hello I’m Danielle” she smiled.

“I’m Sarah” extending her hand and shaking it with Danielle.

“I’m Brianna, but everyone calls me Bri” she said cheerfully.

“I’m Scarlet, it’s nice to meet you” I said politely.

“God you guys look amazing! I’m in love with each one of your dresses!” Danielle said as we walked into the restaurant

“Thank you, you look stunning yourself” Bri smiled.

We all walked in and were greeted with a hostess.

“Hello, any reservation for this evening?”

Harry stepped forward from the back and answered the girl.

“Um, yes for 9, under Styles.” He said emotionless.

“Yes here you are right this way please”

She escorted us to a very long table, we all were about to take our seats when Louis, Niall, Zayn, and Liam helped us into our seats.

“Hello I’m Katherine, I will be your server this evening, can I get you all started off with some drinks?”

“Water for me” I said.

Danielle, Sarah, and Bri also ordered water’s while the boy ordered champagne.

“I will be back with your food soon” Katherine said, before she left.

Everyone seemed to be having small conversation with one another, while I fiddled with my rings. Louis must have noticed.

“Scarlet, I never got to tell you this back at the house but you look absolutely beautiful” He smiled before taking a sip of his drink. I gave a faint smile.

“Thank you, you don’t look to bad yourself Lou” He grew a mischievous smile on his face. I raised a brow at him.

“What?”

“You just called me Lou that means I cracked you!” I playfully smacked him in the arm. I then reached over and drank the rest of his champagne that was in his glass.

“Hey, what was that for?”

“It’s gonna be a long night, I think I’m gonna need it “

We continued our conversation until our food came, everyone was eating and laughing, Zayn hadn’t been able to keep his eyes off of Sarah, and Bri had Niall wrapped around her finger. We were all enjoying the night, when we ran out of champagne. Harry ordered us more.

Louis excused himself from the table to go walk with Liam and Danielle to the door. She had to leave early because she had classes in the morning. Harry and I made eye contact what seemed like the 100th time of the night I was about to look away again, when Harry spoke.

“You look gorgeous tonight Scar, I never got to tell you back at the house, but I wanted you to hear it” He said softly.

I guess at this point I had too much alcohol in my system to remember what happened earlier that day. I smiled back at him.

“Thank you”

I guess he took that as a good sign and smiled back at me. He now looked genuinely happy to be at this dinner. Louis and Liam came back just in time as the waiter returned with new glasses filled with champagne he each handed us a glass. He bent down and handed me the last glass when I noticed the strange tattoos on his arms. Before I could look up at his face he had already turn and walked away. That tattoo, where had I seen it? Harry had finished his glass and stood up and walked over to grab mine and finish before I could have a chance.

“NO HARRY!” I yelled as he brought the glass to his lips.

I quickly ripped the glass from his and without thinking I gulped it down feeling satisfied that I had beat Harry to it.

That’s when I remembered where I had seen the Tattoo.

The same guy who tried to kill me at the house.

The same guy who had shot me on my bike.

The same guy who had now poisoned my drink.

“NOBODY DRINKS THE CHAMPAGNE” Louis screamed. Harry looked at me wide-eyed.

That’s when it hit me.

My stomach twisted.

My body went numb.

My vision became blurred.

I heard everyone’s voices around me. I couldn’t do anything. My lips weren’t able to move. I wasn’t in control, that’s when Harry caught me before I fell. He voice sounded slurred in my head.

“Liam, Zayn! Find that guy I want him dead! Louis we need to get Scarlet to a hospital before-“

His voice faded in my mind as I closed my eyes.

My mum always told me as a young girl ‘be careful what you wish for’.

The one thing I wanted most in the world was death.

I knew I should have taken my mum’s advice.

I guess my wish was going to come true after all.

That’s when I took my last breath before my world around me went dark.

********

SOOOO SORRY FOR THAT!!!! My bad, im really famous for this nasty little cliff hangers! ahah! Hope you guys enjoyed chapter ten if you did give it a vote or comment down below! Here are the outfit below! Take Care for now everyone Xx.Sarah's Outfit
http://www.polyvore.com/sarahs_dinner_outfit/set?id=74505143

Bri's Outfit
http://www.polyvore.com/bris_dinner_outfit/set?id=74510006

Scarlet's Outfit
http://www.polyvore.com/scars_dinner_outfit/set?id=74530672