Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

He didn’t blink.

He didn’t move.

I couldn’t wait anymore. I needed to know I wasn’t dreaming. I needed to know I was alive. I was about to speak but more tears streamed down his face when he spoke.

“P-Please tell me I’m not d-dreaming, I- I don’t think I can handle myself, if I’m dreaming”

I didn’t know what to say. He words surprised me. But he needed to know I wasn’t going anywhere. At least not now.

“Love you can blink, it ok” I barley said.

“I’m afraid if I do, you won’t be here again. I’m scared Scarlet” He whispered as his voice shook.

“Harry it’s alright, I’m here. I promise I will be here when you open your eyes again” I said reassuringly.

He blinked a couple of times and I whipped away his tears that slowly came to a stop.

He looked back at me, and I managed to give him a faint smile. He grabbed me and pulled me into a protective hug. It was like time stopped and Harry and I were stuck in a daydream.

He pulled back, and looked into my eyes once again. Checking to make sure I was still here. He hesitantly kissed my forehead and looked back at me. I was too weak to push him away. For once I just wanted to be with Harry. I leaned in and buried my head in his chest.

“I thought I- we thought we had lost you” he mumbled.

“You can’t get rid of me that easily” I faintly smiled, as his chuckled.

“I am so sorry Scarlet. For everything, you shouldn’t have drunk the champagne. I should be the one on my death bed not you.” He brought me closer, and rubs small circles on my back.

I had to remember I couldn’t let him. No matter how much it hurt, I couldn’t let Harry close to me. No matter how badly I just wanted to give up and let him in. I pulled back from him.

“I told you this once and I’m going to tell you again. Your mine to kill. So I don’t care if I have to get bloody poisoned as long as I’m the one to kill you. I’ll do whatever it has to take.” I said coldly.

I slowly looked away .I could see the pain on his face as I looked down at my hands. He slowly released me, and back away. I looked back up at him, but he turned away, and hit the button that pages the nurses.

“I guess I should go tell everyone that you’re awake. I’ll be back later” his words stung as he left the room, slamming the door shut. I lie back on my bed, and let the tears fall from my face. Why? Why did I have to have these emotions for him? I hated it.

I hated these feelings.

I hated the effect he had on me.

I hated that I had to try and keep pushing him away.

I hated that I had continued to hurt him.

I quickly whipped the tears from my face, as Louis burst into the room and jumped on top of me. Hugging me and checking me over and kissing my forehead, while Bri and Sarah ran into the room next along with Zayn, Niall, and Liam.

“You’re Alive!” Louis screamed.

“Omg- How did you? We thought-were so happy your alright!” Bri was crying as she came over and hugged me.

“You are so-! We were going to have to pull the plug if you didn’t wake up tomorrow! Bloody Hell Scarlet! Why the hell didn’t you wake up sooner! God don’t do that again! You scared the crap out of me and Bri, Scarlet!” Sarah was also crying as she hugged me tight