Don't Know About Us

(Alyssas P.O.V)

I walked up to my room and opened the door.

“Hey. How are you?” I asked Serenity.

“Oh hey, you’re upstairs.” She said, looking up from the book she was reading. That was Serenity’s thing. She loved books and was always reading one. I used to call her my ‘little bookworm’ because she was so tiny.

“Yah, I am.” I said, sitting down. “So how have you been? How was Harvard?”

“It’s really busy Lyssi. So many exams.” Serenity replied quietly. “Anyways, I actually have to go.”

Serenity got up but I took her arm. “Serenity, please, let me at least take you for a catch up breakfast tomorrow morning.”

“Look, Lyssi. I don’t want you spending Harry’s money on me.” She said rather coldly.

“Ouch. It’s not his money. I don’t take money from him. Please! We always did this when we were in high school.”

“Well, were not in high school, Alyssa.”

“Please. Do it for old times’ sake.” I pleaded. I could tell that she was going to say no for a second but something changed her mind.

“Fine. I’ll pick you up at eight in the morning. Be ready. You know how I hate waiting.” Serenity said and left.

I didn’t remember Serenity being so distant. I wondered it Harvard changed her. Or if London had changed me.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx(The next morning)xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The doorbell rang at exactly eight, just like Serenity had told me.

I wore my ‘I'm not flirting, I just happen to be very close to you’ shirt with black shorts. I wore a fedora hat and black, laced boots. I took my sunglasses, grabbed my wallet and went to open the door.

“hey smart stuff.” I said brightly.

“Hey Alyssa.” Serenity said back. I frowned.

“You were supposed to say hey hot stuff back. It’s our thing.”

“Yah, well. Our thing’s over.” Serenity said. “Let’s go.”

“Some ones grumpy in the morning.” I muttered. I got into Serenity’s red BMW and strapped my seat belt.

After a few minutes, we arrived at ‘The Tip and Point’ which was the local breakfast place in Toronto. As I walked in, I noticed a few girls eying me. I looked down to see if there was something wrong with my outfit.

“There's nothing wrong with how you look Alyssa. It’s the fact that your dating a guy from the most famous boy band.” Serenity said. . They were giving me death stares and whispering to each other. I didn’t like it at all.

“Oh.” I said. Somehow, before I came to Toronto, I just assumed that things would go back to their normal way. I assumed wrong.

One of the girls, a pretty red head, came up to me,

“Are you Alyssa Hart?” She asked, with one of her arms on her hips and checking her phone as if talking to me was a huge waste of time,

“Yeah, I am! HI!” I said.

“I think you’re so ugly. I mean Harry could do so much better.” The red head said.

“Oh…I’m sorry you think that but I promise you, I love Harry.” I told her, trying to be as nice as possible.

“Do I look like I care? Look, I just think that Harry deserves better. I don’t care about you. Whatever.” The girl said and turned away.

I turned towards Serenity and looked at her, dumbfounded.