Eadu

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
~ J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Rey

I was running low on fuel and I needed to find a planet...fast.

I'd been flying for ages, unsure of where I was going, just following my instincts and hoping they'd lead me to a teacher. How stupid of me. Now I was in the middle of space with no teacher and an almost empty fuel tank.

The closest planet to me was Eadu, a moutainous and deserted planet with few settlements and a high population of wild animals, according to my guide.

Just great.

As I plotted my course for the planet I couldn't help but replay my conversation with Kylo Ren in my mind. Could I honestly consider letting him teach me? I didn't see myself finding another teacher anytime soon and he seemed suspiciously eager. Of course I had a million reasons not to trust him and yet something told me that he was my best hope. But would I not be betraying The Resistance if I sought help from the enemy? Then again, if he trained me, I would use that training to fight for The Resistance, so I guess it would be okay.

***

When I landed the ship on Eadu I made sure to pick a high mountain top which I hoped would be harder for wild animals to reach. The downside of that was that I had to go all the way down the mountain to search for fuel.

I was quite worn out from the journey, both physically and mentally, and I hadn't slept in a couple of days. I decided it would be best to set up a sort of campsite and go on my fuel hunt the next day.

I looked down from the creek where my ship was hidden in the mountains, to the icy forest below. The sun was setting, throwing pink and orange waves over the snowy terrain and I stood for a moment to take it all in.

Rey?

Oh not again. I wasn't ready to answer Kylo just yet, I still had to think about his offer.

Rey I know you're there. I can see you.

I turned. Kylo. Nice to see you again. I looked and could see him standing in a room on what looked like a ship. He was dressed in his usual black ensemble and his hair fell over his eyes in dark waves. He had a scar that ran from his right cheek down to his neck. I must've given it to him. Should I apologise for that? Somehow it added to his overall look.

Maybe I had looked at him for longer than I was supposed to because he looked back at me with confusion written all over his face.

Have you thought about what I said?

I paused. Had I thought about what he said? In truth there was really nothing to think about. I needed a teacher and he seemed like he'd be an extremely good one. He was however evil, working with the First Order and likely to stab me in the back whenever he got the chance, but it was a risk I was willing to take. Without mastering my powers I would never be able to fight for the Resistance, or search for my parents.

Yes. I'm ready.

That's good to hear. I'm on my way to get you.

Get me? You don't even know where I am.

I recognise the landscape. You're on Eadu.

And just like that, he was gone.

What had I done? I'd given up my location to the enemy, that's what I'd done. And yet something deep down told me that Kylo wasn't really my enemy, and that he was just as lost and confused as I was. Then again, I could be wrong, I'd just have to wait and see.