CH 13: K.O

The following morning~

"Morning, Azrael. Sleep well?" I asked, swinging my arms.

He curtly nodded, not saying anything in return. His form was stiff, eyes cold and distant. It made my wolf, Mist, whimper.

'This is your fault! You shouldn't have kissed Cornelius in front of him! You're terrible!' Mist snarled, flashing her canines.

'Hey, it wasn't my fault! I tried to push him back!' I responded.

'So much for the best female warrior in the pack...' she said, cutting off the link.

I gulped lowly in my throat, feeling guilty. Stepping closer to Azrael, I slowly reached out towards him. My fingertips are about to touch his skin when he steps back.

Lifting my eyes to meet his chilling gaze, I feebly whispered, "Azrael... is this about yesterday?"

He didn't answer, his back shown to me as he continued practicing.

I continued to talk, pressing the subject. "What Cornelius and I did was nothing, honestly. He forcibly kissed me because he was trying to claim that I belonged to-"

"It doesn't matter anymore."

My senses heightened at that, my hairs standing out. "What...?"

"It no longer concerns me what you do with him. Do whatever you want." He grumbled crassly.

I frowned, "But-"

"Just... Stop. You're my instructor, remember? Don't mix work with your personal life. You rejected me for a reason and you told me that I needed to stay out of your life, so I will. I'm done trying, Coco."

I felt like my ears were ringing.

Mist was howling in pain, crying out to me in rage.

My fists were clenched so hard that it became whiter, until blood seeped through from my claws threatening to come out.

"Fine. As you wish."

He nods, awaiting my instructions.

This is what I wanted... so I got what I wished, right?

***

Everyday was the same as the last.

Azrael ignored and gave me the cold shoulder. It made me frustrated since I thought we were becoming something, like friends.

Finally, when it was the day before the competition, I walked straight out of the sidelines and up to him. His head perked up to look at me, assuming that he made a mistake of some sort and waited for me patiently to explain any moves he did incorrectly.

Boy, was he wrong.

Pursing my lips, I wheezed out, "Tomorrow is the competition, so I'll like to do this special move that is only between you and me. My old instructor did this with me, so since I'm training you, I'll pass it down to you. It's used on certain moves and can dodge most of them."

He tilts his head, waiting for me to demonstrate.

Without any hesitation, I moved fast as lighting. Curling my hands into fists, I aimed for his face. Noticing where my target was, he moved to block his face, not watching where my other fist was going.

A hiss escaped between Azrael's lips as I made contact to his stomach, pain evident. Azrael moved to punch me away, but I already knew what he was trying to do.

Doing a back flip, I moved out of his way and repositioned myself.

"That... was cheap." He gasped out, holding his stomach.

I smirked, "I already told you hands were important. You need to read my body position and my hands. The way you carry yourself always tells people everything about you before you even introduce yourself."

Azrael nods, shaking off the pain and motions to me that he's ready.

I strike again, without a moment notice. This time around, Azrael watched my hands and blocked more of my movements.

What he didn't know, was what I had in store for him.

As soon as Azrael blocked using his arm, I twisted his arm to the side, hearing him groan in pain before I kicked his leg to the side, causing him to lose his balance. He falls and curses as he felt more pain, I let go of him soon after. Before he had time to recover, I did another back flip and kicked him right in the face.

Azrael was out for about 10 minutes before regaining consciousness.

Grinning, I winced when he made a groan of disapproval.

Not a minute has fully passed when Azrael wobbly got onto his feet, his hand holding his arm. "Damn woman, are you trying to kill me?"

I averted my eyes, huffing out in a tone he wouldn't hear. "Obviously... that's my revenge for calling me short and ignoring me for many weeks."

It's been a while since he talked to me, it felt nice.

He put on a straight face, rolling his eyes as if to tell me he heard the whole thing. Of course he did, he's a werewolf.

Sizing him up, I instructed, "Alright, let's practice this form until you get it right. I know you can grasp this, I believe in you."

He nods, getting ready for more intense training.

Let's hope he can learn this in time...