Chapter 10

Chapter TEN

First Warped Show

~Caroline's PoV~ 

Today is the day that Shut Up and Listen plays our first show at Warped, so I'm both wicked excited, and really stressed. At the same time, I can't wait to get up on that stage with my band, as last time I went up there was yesterday with All Time Low to sing Juliet's part of Remembering Sunday. 

Speaking of ATL, Jack asked if it was alright for him to come see the show from side-stage, so of courese I said yes, and he preceeded to do a little happy dance, making the guys(SUaL) and I all laugh. 

Apparently there's going to be a party tonight as well, just to get all the bands together and just hang out to celebrate the end of another day of Warped. There were parties every other day as well, but since we're a pretty new band, we weren't invited, but since I've been hanging out with Jack, and since I sang with ATL on stage, we've been getting way more popular.

--

It was still a while until the show, so I got out of my bunk and went to get dressed. I picked out a red flannel to put over my pinkish tshirt, paired with black skinny jeans, my red Vans, and a red beanie.

I straightened my hair, and put on a tiny bit of makeup before getting dressed. I went out to walk around the venue, and some girls came up to me and asked me to sign their phone cases, so I did, then they left. I always love it when fans come up to us!

(picture of outfit to the side, I drew it cause I got bored)

_

*time hop to the show*

I was standing side-stage waiting to run out on stage to start singing, and I was really nervous.*under-statement of the year* I thought to my self. Jack came running up the stairs to the side stage just as we were called to go on. I sprinted to the microphone and yelled out to the crowd, "WHAT'S UP EVERYBODY" In reply, we got a huge eruption of cheers, which gave me a rush and I started singing one of our songs. 

--

*An hour and a half later, end of show*

I finished off our last song for the day, and yelled out a thank you to the crowd for being so amazing, then ran off stage, only to be pulled up off my feet into a hug from the one and only Jack Barakat. I'm pretty sure I blushed instantly, but he couldn't tell, as my face was literally being crushed into his chest. I mumbled that I couldn't breath, and he let me go, *that should explain why my face is so red. even though that's not the real reason.* He then pet my head like you would do to congratulate a little kid, and told me that I did amazing out there. He then proceeded to crouch down and yell at me to get on his back for a piggy-back ride, so I did, and he ran off down the stage stairs and off in some random direction. He ran straight out the venue gates, and continued down the road. He told me to close my eyes until we got to where we were going, so I kind of did, but of course snuck in some peeks to try to get at least some idea of where the hell we were. He kept checking to see if my eyes were closed, but thankfully I can close them pretty damn fast, so he never caught me. 

I ended up just leaning my head down on his shoulder and keeping my eyes closed. Jack must've been running with me on his back for at least 20 minutes, until he stopped, and let me off his back facing up the street, he then covered my eyes and turned me around making me wal forwards. The terrain ended up completely changing, then he uncovered my eyes and let me see after me whining so much for him to tell me what he was doing. It turned out that he brought me to a beach, and we got there just as the sun was setting, it was amazing. I looked up at Jack and he was just smiling down at me. I ended up smiling like an idiot, until he sat down on the sand, and pulled me down as well then started tickling me until I'm pretty sure I started crying from laughing so much, so he stopped, hovering not very far from my face. I'm pretty sure at this point I was blushing like crazy, and he noticed, but just laughed which made me smile. He started lowering his face really slowly down to mine. I started freaking out in my head. *holy shit fucking fuck IS JACK ABOUT TO KISS ME WHAT*  a lot of thoughts like that all went through my mind, until that train of thoughts was broken by his soft lips being pressed to mine. He started to pull back and looked kind of dissapointed, I didn't know what to do, so I pulled his head back down and kissed him back.

He smiled into the kiss, and I smiled too while blushing even more than I was a minute ago, if that's even possible. We kissed until I ran out of breath. He was obviously more experienced, or just less flustered than me, so he had more breath, me being a singer, you would think I'd be able to hold my breath longer, but in this case that's not true at all. Jack pulled away and stood up, reaching his hand out for me to take, so I did, and he pulled me into a bear hug and kissed my head. I kind of just wrapped my arms around his waist and snuggled my head into his chest. He mumbled something, but I couldn't hear, so I pulled out of the hug and asked him to repeat whatever he just said. 

~~~~~~~~~

AHHH Cliffhanger, heh, try to figure out what he says and maybe comment/vote for once? :P 

Anyway I like this story so far, how about you guys? It'll hopefully end up being pretty long, even though the chapters are all so short, (Which I'm still working on) I  have a shitton of ideas for this.

I hope you're enjoying reading this as much as I'm enjoying writing it, and I hope that it'll get better as it goes on. but bye for now!