Chapter 3

Chapter THREE

The Drive

            The tour bus arrived at the band house at around 10:30 in the morning, and the band got in about fifteen minutes after that and chose the bunks they’d be sleeping in for the next few months of Warped Tour. There were eight bunks, so each person chose one to sleep in and one for their bags and other personal items. Caroline chose the top two, Adam chose the two under hers, then Jessie chose under Adam, leaving Damien with the bottom two as he was last to get up and get on the bus.

            The bus set off from the house and started heading towards the first venue of the Warped Tour. Caroline and the guys still couldn’t believe that their fans over powered the other bands in the battle of the bands for Warped. They were so happy with the outcome, as now they had a chance to meet some of the amazing people who first inspired them to start their band.

            They were amazed at how fancy their tour bus was, as they’d always just had their own 8 passenger van to travel, which in no way compared to the glamour of their bus. It had their eight bunks, as well as a front lounge type strip with leather couches and multiple TVs and game consoles galore. Then, past the bunks in the opposite way was a back lounge with another set of couches set up in a kind of ring around the walls, the lounge had a locking soundproof slider door and more TVs and games for them to play. In between the bunks and front lounge, there is a bathroom with a working toilet, sink and even a shower which was amazing as the ones at venues were generally a little too open.  Especially as there’s only one girl in a band with 3 other boys, public showers aren’t the best.

            After exploring the huge bus, the four of them retreated to their bunks to either sleep or just browse their social media sites on their phones or laptops. They didn’t realize until now that the bus had i’s own Wi-Fi, and had power outlets in the bunk as well as in the mini kitchen they had. The kitchen had fridge, a microwave, a sink, and a bunch of cabinets and drawers. The fridge was already fully stocked with a ton of different foods and drinks for the band.