Its Getting Late

Mulai dari awal

"It's getting kinda late, maybe we should call mom and check on her and dad?" I suggested to Zack. He nodded.

"I'll be right back." I got up, grabbed my phone, and went into the kitchen. I called my mom, no answer. I tried again but it went straight to voicemail. I called dad but I saw his phone ring on the counter, he must have forgotten it when they were rushing out the door.

"She didn't answer." I told Zack as I stood in the door way of the kitchen.

"That's weird." He got up and walked towards me, into the kitchen.

"Maybe they are still eating."

"At 9:00 at night?" I questioned.

"I guess not... I don't know why she wouldn't answer though."

Just then my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID. "Sarah Joseph?" I said aloud.

"Isn't that dad's sister?" Zack asked.

"I think so, hang on." I answer the phone, "Hello?"

"Hi baby, it's mom, our car broke down so we got aunt Sarah to pick us up. We are just going to stay the night here but we will be back after we get the car fixed tomorrow. Okay?"

"Yeah, Yeah, that's fine. We were starting to worry about you two crazy kids." I gave Zack a thumbs up, telling him that they were fine. He nodded his head and walked back into the living room.

"Well, we are fine. Goodnight dear, stay safe okay?"

"Alright mom, we will." I smiled. "Love you."

"Love you too." She hung up the phone and I walked back into the living room.

"They're fine, the car broke down so aunt Sarah picked them up and they are staying with her for the night." I sat back down next to Jenna.

"That's good." Josh ate his last bite of pie and got up off the couch. "Are you done, Jenna?"

"Yep." She smiled as he bent down and got her plate for her. "Thank you."

"No problem. Hey, Ty?"

"Yeah?"

"How's Maddy dealing with everything?" Josh asked as he came back into the living room.

"She alright I think. She still a bit shaken up and refuses to be home alone, which is understandable. But I think she's going to be okay."

"Good. She coping with this fairly well." He smirked.

"Yeah, she's pretty tough." I looked up at the top of the steps towards her room. "I'm going to check on her and Jay, I'll be right back." I got up and went up the steps, something didn't feel right. I opened the door to Jays room and he was fast asleep in his bed, I went to Maddy's door and slowly opened it, I looked in the bed and there she was, sleeping. I sighed of relief and went towards her. I pulled her covers up and gave her a kiss on the forehead. I heard her mumbling something. She must be dreaming, I tried to make out what she was saying but I couldn't tell. I started to walk out of the room when I heard her scream.

"NO! GET OFF ME." She was thrashing around in the bed.

"Maddy!" I ran back over to her and held down her arms so she wouldn't hit herself. "Maddy, it's okay I'm here!" I told her even though I think she was still asleep.

"GO AWAY!" She yelled as I heard someone run into the room, it was Zack.

"What's happening?" He asked and ran to my side.

"I think she's having a nightmare." I struggled to hold her arms.

"Maddy! Wake up!" He shook her shoulders.

"NO! STOP!" She started kicking, kneeing me on my still sore ribs. I sucked in my breath quickly.

"You okay?" Zack asked, trying to hold down her legs.

"Yeah, I think so." I relaxed a bit.

"What do we do?" Zack asked once he got her legs restrained.

"We have to wait until she calms down a bit." I loosened my grip on her hands slightly after realizing that she wants trying to hit me anymore. I leaned down to her face and she was still mumbling words. "I think she might be okay now." I looked back at Zack who slowly let go of her legs.

"How did you know what to do?" He asked me curiously.

"Um, let's just say that I know from experience."

"Okay... well I'm going to go tell Jenna and Josh what happened. Do you wanna sit with her then when I come back to can go to bed and I will stay the night in here?"

"Yeah, that sounds good." I smiled slightly at him.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few minutes." He walked away. I slipped my shoes off and climbed in Maddy's bed beside her.

"It's okay Maddy, it's okay." I whispered softly to her,
"Hey, hey
Wouldn't it be great, great
If we could just lay down
And wake up in Slowtown
Today, day
I wanna go away, way
Cause things are too fast now
I wanna be in Slowtown..." I drifted off as I slowly sang the last lyrics to the now soundly sleeping girl beside me.

________________________________

Thank you guys so much for reading this! I'm very excited to finally have Jenna and Tyler's relationship take off! I hope you all enjoyed this!

              ~PeteyWentzy