She's Just A Girl

We walk to Maddies car and head down our road. After a few minutes of silence, Maddie speaks up,

"So, how have you been, Ty?"

"Fine, how've you been?"

"I'm good, busy, but good. Are you sure you're fine? There's nothing bothering you?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I promise." She's just like mom, she's always concerned about me.

"Okay, you know that you can always talk to me about anything, right?" She glances at me then quickly fixes her eyes back on the road.

"Yeah, I know." But the reason I don't tell you anything is you'll put me in the crazy house.

"Okay, good." She smiles.

________________________________

A few minutes pass and we pull into a driveway. I look up at the house, it's light grey with blueish green shudders. There are many different kinds of flowers in their yard. The colors range from pink to yellow to blue. Soon I see Maddie approaching the door of the house that I assume is Jenna's. When I see the girls walking back, I get out of the car and throw my things in the back set, I wait for the girl to come closer so I can get a good look at her. As soon as I can make out her face I notice some unforgettable features, her stunning blue eyes, her pink glossy lips, her gorgeous blond hair, she is beautiful. I could never be good enough for her.

"Tyler!" Maddie calls my name and snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"Y- yeah?" I stuttered snapping out of my thoughts. I notice that the girls are now standing in front of me.

"You okay?" The girl that I can only assume is Jenna asks.

"Y-yeah, I'm f-fine," Dang it Tyler, quit stuttering!
"You must be Jenna." I hold out my hand for her to shake.

"You must be Tyler." She winks and grabs my hand. After what seems like hours of us staring into each others eyes, Maddie pipes up,

"Are you two love birds going to get in the car? Or are we just going to stand here making goo goo eyes at each other?"

"Yeah, sorry." Jenna and I say in sync, I chuckle and nervously scratch the back of my head.

"Oh, uh, I moved my stuff so that you could sit next to Maddie."

"That's alright, I think that Id rather sit next to you in the back." She smiles. "I mean, if that's alright with you guys."

"It's fine with me, just keep your lips to yourselves." Maddie jokes.

Jenna and I both blush. Jenna gets in the car and I follow. We talk about music and our family's the entire drive to school. Soon we arrive at the building and I quickly get out of the car and run over to Jenna's side and open her door for her.

"Thank you." She says looking down so that I don't see her blush, but I do.

"No problem, my lady." Did I really just say that??? Gosh Tyler you're such an idiot. You've ruined your chance now. There's no way that she would go with you. We quietly walk to the building and go our separate ways.
________________________________

Soon after I make it into the class room my worst nightmare walks in, Luke Peterson. Luke has been bullying me since freshmen year. Not just physically but also verbally. I'm used to it though.

"Sup dork."

"Hello Luke."

"What's the matter? Are the voices in your head getting to you again?" He mocked, half smiling.

"Shut up Luke."

"Oh someone is not having a good day are they?"

"I said shut up." I angrily respond.

"Do you want me to bet the crap outta ya again Joseph?" He quickly put his face right in front of mine. "Cause I will find you and make the results much worse than last time."

"I'm n-not afraid of y-you Luke." I gulped.

"Oh I think you are." He backed away slowly,
"I will find you after lunch Joseph. For now just think about what I'm going to you." He smirked.

Just as Luke took his set behind me our teacher walked in.  The rest of class consisted of me regretting the conversation I had just had with Luke and snapping the rubber band on my wrist to try to distract myself from my thoughts.

"Today is not a good day." I sigh to myself.

________________________________