Are You Sure?

I woke up only a few minutes or second later. My head was in someone's lap, I heard multiple people running up the stairs, I think Maddie was crying, so was the person above me. I could hear Josh moaning in pain, probably from his shoulder, I was very impressed by his skills, he's like a spy I started to smile but then stopped when I realized how much it hurt to do so. I started to open my eyes as everyone arrived in Maddie's room.

"What happened here?" I heard a police officer ask as he gasped slightly and walked over to me and whoever's lap I was laying in. Once my eyes where open everything was bright, I waited for my eyes to readjust to the light, and saw that I was laying in Jenna's lap, she was crying. I sat up and grabbed my head. Everything hurt more then it already did.

"Maddie." I said groggily. I started to stand up but the officer made me sit down. "Maddie." I looked over to her, she was still crying, talking to a female police officer.

Jenna hugged me from behind, "It's okay. Everyone is okay." She cried. I looked around, looking for Josh.

"Where is Josh?"

"He is in an ambulance outside."  She wiped her tears away and sat up.

Just then two paramedics came upstairs with a stretcher, " Sir, we are going to need you to lay here for us please." The man said as he helped me on to it.

"Are we going to Josh?" I asked, really worried about my friend.

"Does Josh have blue hair?" The female paramedic asked.

"Yeah."

"Then yes, we are." She smiled.

"Good." I sighed.

They carried me down the steps and out the door. My head and hands where throbbing and my nose was still bleeding a bit. I could feel my eye swelling, but I didn't say anything until we reached the ambulance when they started asking my question. They said that my nose was broken and and my eye might be swollen shut for a few days. I may have hairline fractured my left hand but my right was just bruised. They also said that I might have a slight concussion and I should try not to sleep tonight so that my brain doesn't swell or something like that. I wasn't really listening, I just wanted to see my sister and Josh. And that little douchebag that tried to rape Maddie.

They let me out of the ambulance and walked me over to Josh who was in another ambulance getting talked to by the police as he got his shoulder wrapped up. Jenna was hugging Maddie as she cried, sitting on the sidewalk but I didn't see Shane anywhere, which is probably a good thing because I was ready to throw more punches at him. As I approached the vehicle, the police officer walked away and the paramedic finished working on Josh.

"Hey man, you okay?" I asked.

He looked up at me, "Yeah, just dislocated my shoulder but they popped it back in place then wrapped it up. What about you?" He slid off the ambulance.

"I just might have a hairline fracture in my left hand, my right is just badly bruised. My nose is probably broken, my eye will be swollen for awhile, and I think they said I might have a concussion." I looked at Josh and we walked over to the girls.

"Hey Maddie, you okay?" I asked and crouched next to her while she was crying. She jumped into my arms and I fell back on my butt.

"Thank you, Tyler." She sobbed into my shoulder. "Thank you so much."

"Hey, hey, it's no problem. That's what brothers are for, right?" I laughed stroked her back as she cried.

"Sir, I'm going to need to talk to you for a minute please." An officer walked over to me.

"Yeah. Absolutely." I told Maddie to sit next to Jenna and Josh while I talked to him. We walked over to his cruiser.

"So, what happened here?" The police officer asked me. I explained everything to him including what I remembered of Josh taking over. He told me that Shane would be going away for awhile and that we had nothing to worry about. He walked over to some other officers and I walked back over to Maddie, Josh, and Jenna.

"Hey Ty," Jenna stood up and whispered, "Do you think it would be alright if I crashed here for awhile. Just until Maddie feels better?"

"Yeah. Of course. My parents love you." I smiled.

"Okay, great." We both sat back down.

"Hey Maddie." Jenna looked at her sweetly.

"Yeah?" She sniffled.

"I'm going to head to my place to pick some stuff up. I'll be right back okay?"

"Okay." She smiled.

"Hey, I think I'm going to walk with you if that's okay." I said.

"Yeah, that sounds great." Jenna smiled.

Josh continued to talk to Maddie and we started walking down the street.

"So, how are you?" Jenna asked.

"I'm fine, just a few bruises, maybe fractures, also a slight concussion." She nodded as I listed the things. "I meant to ask you, why did you come back to my house?"

"Oh, I had left my phone in Josh's car so I jogged back to see if he gave it to you."

"Oh, okay."

We took a turn and saw Jenna's house. We walked up her driveway and to the door.

"I'll just wait out here for you." I smiled.

"Okay, you can come in though." She opened the door.

"Nah, that's alright. Thanks though."

"Okay." She shut the door behind her.

Gosh I can't believe that guy.... who does that? That's sick and twisted. I needed to get away from there before I beat the crap out of something or someone. I hope he rots in prison. That guy tried to hurt my sister. What would have happened if I hadn't got there. She could've got hurt or pregnant or killed! My sister doesn't deserve this, she deserves the best. She hasn't done anything terrible enough to deserve this. Why did this have to happen, God? Why couldn't something bad have been me? I looked up to the sky with tears in my eyes. Why did it have to be her? I looked down and wiped away a few tears.

"Hey, do you need anyth-" Jenna walked out of her house with a bag and looked at me. "Hey, it's okay." She walked over and hugged me.

"She could've gotten seriously hurt, Jen." I cried into her shoulder.

"Shhhh, but she didn't. You saved her." She pulled away and looked at me for a minute with tears in her eyes.

"All I did was push the guy off her."

"Yeah okay, pushed the guy off her and beat him while Josh checked on Maddie." She rolled her eyes smiling. I smiled back.

"It's okay. Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, just a little tense and in a bit of pain. Also very tired." I wiped the tears away from my eyes.

"Well, we can get you home and comfortable, you definitely need to rest but you can't sleep for at least twenty four hours." She smiled sadly, "but I'm willing to stay up with you."

"Thanks Jen, but you don't have to."

"It's okay, I'll stay up with you so you don't get bored." She smiled while we walked back down the street. "So, you're sure your okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be just fine." I smiled a little.

______________________________

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! I posted something on my conversation thing, I would love to have you're all's input! Thank you all!
~ PeteyWentzy