You're Finally Home

Josh and I had been talking for hours about music, anything from rock to classical music had been covered.

"But why would Green Day not go on tour again? They are one of the best bands ever!" Josh exclaimed.

"Probably because they are all getting super old." I chuckled.

"Okay, you got me there, but still, they are amazing."

"I agree," I smirked, "Hey, you said that you play the drums, right?" I looked into his eyes with a little bit of hope.

"Yeah, but remember, I had to get rid of them to afford my apartment." He looked at me slightly confused, "Why?"

"Because I write songs and play the piano, ukulele, and bass. Maybe we could start a band." Josh looked at me happily.

"That would be awesome!" He agreed.

"Follow me." I stood up and walked to the door in the kitchen that led to the basement, we both walked down the steps and he followed me over to all my instruments.

"Dude, are all these yours?" He questioned as he ran his fingers over the keys of my piano.

"Yeah," I smiled and walked over to a door in the corner of the room. I opened it and walked into the small closet, "Found it!" I shouted as I carried out the small snare drum.

"You have a drum set too?" He questioned as I crawled back into the closet.

"Yeah, but only the snare, bass, and rack toms. I don't have any of the cymbals or anything." I carried out the bass drum and went back in for the small and large toms."

"That's awesome!" Josh stated as he got the drums in order.

"And here ya go." I handed him the last two drums. He put them into position then I handed him some drumsticks.

"Thanks." He grabbed the sticks from my hands. "I'm going to take this off while I play." He took off his sling that was holding his arm.

"You sure it is not going to hurt too bad?" I questioned him.

"Nah," He smiled and started playing a beat on the drums. It sounded really good, he was really good. Once he had finished I just stared at him in awe.

" That was AMAZING." I said the last part particularly loud.  

"Thanks." he blushed just a little.

"Can you play it again?" I asked as I pulled out my journal and flipped to a page that had the name, "Forest." written on it.

"Sure." He nodded as I sat at my keyboard and put my journal in front of me.

I placed my hands as best I could on the keys, then started playing some chords to his beat and started singing,

"I don't know why I feed on emotion

There's a stomach inside my brain
I don't wanna be heard
I want to be listened to
Does it bother anyone else
That someone else has your name?
Does it bother anyone else
That someone else has your name, your name?"

I looked over at Josh, we were both smiling.

"I scream, you scream, we all scream
'Cause we're terrified of what's around the corner
We stay in place
'Cause we don't want to lose our lives
So let's think of something better

Down in the forest,
We'll sing a chorus
one that everybody knows
Hands held higher,
We'll be on fire
Singing songs that nobody wrote

My brain has given up
White flags are hoisted
I took some food for thought
It might be poisoned
The stomach in my brain
Throws up onto the page
Does it bother anyone else
That someone else has your name?
Does it bother anyone else
That someone else has your name?