Chapter 9- Revelations

Start from the beginning

"Look I know you like her so I wanted to ask you first. Are you ever planning on doing anything about it? If you are I will back off and let you have her but if not I'm going to go for it."

"You can't man, I know that Ashlyn has her standards and I know I don't meet them but I'm hoping I will someday. I want to change for her but I know it's going to take some time. I need to show her that I've changed." He said thoughtful then turn into anger. "So I need you to stay away from her from now on."

I held my hands up in surrender "Look man that's why I was asking no need to get mad."

"I want you to back off and stay away from us for a while; I don't want you around us right now." Chase said angrily.

"Fine whatever, if I knew you would get so defensive about it I wouldn't have asked. I just thought if you really liked her then you would have done something by now." I replied walking away.

END OF FLASHBACK

Ashlyn's POV

"After that day Chase and I grew apart and that's when everything turned into a competition. He felt the need to try to beat me at everything. After a while I realized he was never going to do anything. So that's why I decided to make my move." He stated.

It all started to make since now. That's why Chase always hated him. He liked me and when he found out that Josh did it put a strain on their relationship. That's also why Chase didn't want me to be with him. I knew it couldn't be over a stupid spot on the football team.

Now the question is what am I going to do with this information? I do feel bad for now knowing Chase felt something for me and he thought he wasn't good enough for me. But how could I forgive him after what he just did? Then I just realized something.

"Am I what came between you?" I questioned feeling guilty.

No one said anything. Instead they just stared at each other. I kinda feel bad now. I didn't mean to break up a friendship.

"Hello? Is anyone going to answer me?"

"No, Chase's jealousy and ego did." Josh stated without even looking away for Chase.

I quickly turned to Chase ready to question him on all this new information.

"Why didn't you tell me that you liked me?" I questioned.

"I don't really feel like talking about this." He shot.

"Well I do so answer the question." I shot back.

"I did but you didn't understand."

"When?"

"That day at lunch when we were talking about relationships and people changing. Remember?" He asked.

I sat there trying to remember when he was talking about. I racked my brain trying to figure it out then suddenly it hit me.

(FLASHBACK)

Ashlyn's POV

"Ashlyn what would you do if you found out that someone liked you but they didn't have the best reputation?" Chased asked me.

"What kind of reputation?"

"Playboy reputation but wanted to change."

"I don't know. I'm not a big believer that people can turn away from that lifestyle so easy so I would probably reject them. I feel like I would only get hurt in the end. Why?" I questioned

"But what if they really wanted to change?"

"Wanting to change and actually changing is two different things. I would have to see it to believe it. See that's another reason I like Josh. He is nothing like that; he would never be someone like that." I said smiling to myself.