Miracles Do Happen

This chapter will be from Sky's view and Leo's view while they wait in the waiting room during Katie's surgery

Sky:

I watch as Leo is pacing back and forth on the carpet wearing in a hole, as he pulls at his hair. I get up grabbing Leo's hands so he doesn't make more patches in his hair. Ever since I can remember my little brother has had schizophrenia, it makes me sad sometimes but he can control it when he keeps his hands busy. 

 I hand him my phone knowing his is broken after dropping it in the toilet. He busy's himself with a game, while i watch the screen  as it blinks that Katie is now in surgery. I feel my brother lean against me knowing we are all frightened to the bones of what is going to happen. 

"She is gonna be okay," Her brother Matt says with a thick voice filled with strain. 

I turn around and sit down putting my head in my hands. I rock my heels as time goes by and a nurse rushes out to her brother and us. She is breathing heavily as she settles down and looks at us calmly. "She has  been unstable and has been going in and out. We are almost done, and she is stable. Just try and keep hope, we know she is gonna make it."

My brother puts his face into my arm, as I put my arm around him. Her brother sets his head in his wife's neck as we all sit down and silently start praying. 

A few hours later and Leo is asleep on my shoulder as I watched Matt shake his knees in nerves. "She is gonna make it Matt," I say to him. 

He looks up at me with fear in his eyes and he nods. We both look up at the same time as the nurse comes to us, "The doctor will see you in the counseling room now."

I wake up Leo as we walk into a smaller room with a couch and chairs. We sit down as I stay standing behind Leo in the chair. The nurse leaves and I watch as the doctor comes in with his fingers folded together and I got chills and I got scared. 

Leo: 

I didn't know what was happening when Sky woke me up till I realized it was the nurse leading us into a smaller room. I gripped onto Sky's phone as I watched the doctor come in, and I was petrified. 

He cleared his throat and looked at Matt, " We were scared we were gonna loose her. She seemed to not wanna hold on but she is still holding on and very stable. They are bringing her up to her room and going to wake her up soon then you can see her. The only thing we are not sure of, is if she is gonna be able to walk again. When she stressed and had a panic attack she pulled and broke things open again. We fixed them but we don't know if it is soon enough. I'm sorry." 

I felt my hands shaking along with everyone else crying, and I spoke up "We didn't loose her."

That is when my bawling sister hugs me tighter than ever and I know we will still have her forever.