School Sux

Hey guys, so this is my new book.
This new book, has actuall characters from real life. For none of this has actually happened. Its just a made up book. But here we go.  Hope you enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rolling over I pushed snooze on the alarm going off on my phone. "KATIE!! Its the first day of school, Get up!!" yelled my brother Matt from outside my bedroom door. I groaned and threw off my covers opening up to the door to my brother holding a small package. "Welcome to your first day of senior year" Matt smiles handing my small package.  Trying to smile back I spoke softly, "Thank you." I went and sat on my bed opening the small package, it was a necklace with a small rose. I smiled with tears in my eyes as I looked up to see my brother, well father in a way, already gone. 

I sigh and look at my bed stand with the pictures of my mom and dad side by side. Laying back on my bed, I will never be able to forget those memories from a year ago. 

Flashback**

Dad, mom and I are all headed to Manhattan for my surgery.  It was a snowy day as dad drove my car. I was talking with mom as I was texting my best friend nervously in the back seat.  When I  heard the screech of wheels and feeling my dad scream as I saw a semi roll towards us, and then I saw black. 

I woke up with my parents dead, and only my brother there next to me. I had two broken legs as i screamed so loud. Everyone had heard me. 

Present**

I look at my clock flashing 6:30, as I go to the bathroom and put on a simple fall outfit. Black leggings, with a long lime green shirt. Throwing my long blue hair into a bun, I put on the necklace, right as soon as I get a text from the only people that I can call friends. The name Sky pops up along my screen along with the text,"Be at your house in 10 mins, be ready!" Smiling I go and put on my high-tops and throw my book bag over my shoulder. I pick up my phone and go out to the kitchen to see Jenny setting a plate with bacon on it on the counter. Turning she goes and smiles at me. 

"Good morning Katie, glad to see your awake!" She wraps a paper towel with bacon inside it just as I hear a car honk outside. Smiling I grab a coat and open the garage door, "thanks Jen, your the best. I will see you after school!"  She smiles as she turns back to the dishes and I run out the door to my two best friends car. I open the door to hop into the back seat.

"I was hoping you would be awake. I didn't wanna have to go in there and drag you out of bed" exclaims Leo from the front seat. Sky looks in the review mirror and smiles at me, and I try to smile back and look out the window eating my bacon. 

As we arrive at the school parking lot, I stare at my hands in my lap. Going back to school after last year. I don't wanna go in, but then I heard my door open to see Sky take my hand leading me up to school. Not ready for the worst year of my life.