Overnight

I watch as the nurse brings in pillows and blankets for Leo. In the back of my mind I am absolutley terrified of being in this hospital but atleast I am not alone. "Thank you for staying the night with me Leo." He nods as he opens his box of food, what a normal vegetarian eats. 

"Your pretty lucky to get a whole night with your sexy best friend," He says flexing his pretend muscles.
I laugh at him as the night nurse comes in with my meal for the night. The doctors said I was only allowed fluids and so the only thing I ate off my plate was the jello.

*Few Hours Later*
I roll over unable to sleep and poke my best friend who is reading a book on his phone. Maybe looking at hentai, I am not gonna look. Hesitantly I shake his arm, "You still awake?"

He nods and puts his phone down and sits next to me on the hospital bed. "Want me to tell you a story?"

I nod, knowing his stories always help me sleep. I hug him and close my eyes as he clears his throat and begins his story.

"Once upon a time, there were two little girls and a boy," I feel him poke at my hand as I smile, "they were all best friends."

"They continued on adventures though they werent all the same. Some were fighting pirates and jumping over lava, others were defeating the battle of sadness," He hugs me tighter.

He tenses up a bit, "The littlest girl was sad quite alot, so the older girl and the younger boy always stood by her side no matter what happened."

I open my eyes curious to see Leo staring at me, "One day, something major happended to the little girl, one of the scariest battles they ever faced."

The anticipation was killing me as Leo set his hand on my cheek and smiled sadly, "Thats when the oldest girl and the youngest boy, knew they had to share their secrets. They didnt know what was gonna happen and had to take action."

As Leos words rang through my head, I was really confused as I noticed he took my hand and opended his mouth, "I am in love with you Katie, but i believe its a false pretense. Because I am also in love with Jonny, our classmate."

Thats when I realized, my best friend loved me but he also loved someone else and a guy in that matter. I was speechless not knowing how to reply.

Leo smiled and patted my hand, "Its alright, you dont have to give me a reply yet, get some sleep."

At that, he went and laid down on the chair and fell asleep.

I on the other hand had never been so awake.

I open my labtop, knowing now how I want to write this essay, may not be perfect but its what I know what I love.