38 - The Truth . . . At All Costs . . . And Getting Caught At It

Start from the beginning

‘Good, now maybe you’ll keep quiet.’

And he did, which allowed Tsuki to relax for a bit, at least until Sasuke broke the door down. Literally.

“What the hell?!” Tsuki yelled, pulling her towel around her despite still being in the bath, “We have another bathroom if you need to go so badly!”

“But then I wouldn’t get my answers, so talk, now,” Sasuke ordered, towering over her.

“It was an accident, the first time and the second time you needed a shock to wake up, that’s all,” she defended, her cheeks burning. “Now get out!”

“I want the truth, Tsuki.”

“I don’t want to give it – ah!”

She had tried to stand up, but slipped and she tumbled out of the bath into Sasuke, dragging him to the floor with her.

“Itai,” she complained, “Now look what you did you – you – Perv!”

“How am I a perv?!” he yelled back.

“You burst in when you knew I was in the bath!”

“I just want answers!”

“You’re not getting them!”

“Yes I am!”

“No you’re not so forget it!”

“Then get off me, fat ass!”

“I – what did you just call me?” Tsuki asked. A smirk spread across Sasuke’s lips.

“You heard me.”

Tsuki narrowed her eyes, and pushed herself off his chest with one hand, the other keeping the towel secure and she was sure to knee him in the gut as she got to her feet.

“I’m not fat, you prick.”

“No, you’re not, but now you’re off me, I can do this,” he smirked, and pinned her against the wall with a hand either side of her shoulders. “Now Tsuki, let’s play nice.”

Tsuki blinked at him, wondering why he was so playful today, it wasn’t something she’d seen in years. Granted she liked it, but it weirded her out a little.

“Tell me why you did it.”

“. . . Why do you care so much?” she asked, trying to turn it on him.

‘Oh please, he likes you too you baka, how can you be so oblivious. It's beyond me, really,’ Jūbi sneered, ‘But I do like to watch you argue.’

‘Urusse!’

“Tsuki just tell me.”

“Not until you tell me why you care so bloody much about two kisses.”

“Three actually if you count the one when we were five,” Sasuke smirked.

Tsuki opened and closed her mouth like a fish for a few minutes, feeling her cheeks turn red. Sasuke sighed, and moved away. He headed back though her bedroom to the hall but her meek voice stopped him.

“Did it mean anything to you?”

He looked back at her, but she remained leaning on the wall looking at the ground. He walked back over to her, and tilted her chin up with his finger before pressing his own lips against hers.

“Strangely a lot,” he commented quietly, before kissing her again.

Tsuki  felt her skin boil, but ignored it as she moved her free hand to the back of Sasuke’s neck and returned the kiss.