This Time I Jumped

Elena's POV

   "Ok, fine, I promise I won't tell anyone." I said, lying through my teeth. "How come I don't believe you," he retorts. If he's not going to believe me, then I'll have to find a way out. "Are you thirsty or anything?"

   I have to get out of here. That was all that was going through my head when Damon asked me if I was thirsty.  I looked around, scanning the room for an escape route. "Um, yea, can i get a glass of water?" I said, but I wasn't really thirsty, I just needed to keep him busy while I escaped. As he left the room, I spotted an open window. Perfect.

   I started to tip-toe over to the window, but when I looked down I noticed how far of a drop it was. I decided to go for it. It was either a possible sprained ankle, or being drained of my blood by the guy I love. I figured i'd go for the sprained ankle. Because after everything, I don't want to have a reason to hate him. I don't want to have to remember him like that. If he doesn't kill me that is.

   I heard him start to make his way back into the room. It was now or never. I climbed out the window and was about to jump, when he said something. "Elena, what are you doing?" He asked, rather angry. I answered with, "what do you think?" And with that, I jumped.

Damon's POV

   I had no time to process what she was doing. Out of instinct, I ran outside, and thanks to vampire speed, I was able to catch her just in time. "What were you thinking!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. She was terrified. She looked as though she could break out into tears any minute. "Please, don't kill me!" She begged. Why would she think that? "Elena, I would never hurt, or kill you." I whispered. "Why not?" She whimpered. "Because..." I started. I finished with, "Because I love you," I said, so quietly I don't even know if it was audible to her human hearing.

   "Your lying," she said simply. Now that made me mad. Why on earth would I lie about something like that? "I'm not lying," I said, raising my voice just a little louder than I had planned. "Prove it." She answered. With that, I crashed my lips down on hers. She was shocked at first, but then she started to kiss back. Honestly, I think she forgot I was a vampire, because if she did remember, I don't think she'd be kissing me right now. I pulled away slowly, and we just looked into each others eyes for what seemed like eternity, and believe me, I have the time.

   "I believe you," she said, almost sadly. "What's wrong?" I asked curiously. "I can't be with you," she said, tears forming in her eyes. That made me furious, I tell her I love her, and she says she can't be with me?! "Why not!" I say, trying to keep my voice lowered. "Your a vampire, and I just can't get involved when I have my brother to take care of." As she said this, tears that had formed earlier started to fall.

   "I promise I won't tell anyone..." She continues with, "believe me or not, but I have to go." With that, she hopped out of my arms and started walking home. This will not be the last time I see, or talk to Elena Gilbert, I promised myself. I am not going to let the love of my life slip out of my fingers again. Not like I did back in 1864.

   I'll start by telling her everything. I'll tell her about Katherine. I'll tell her about my life before Katherine. I'll tell her about my life after Katherine. About my father and brother issues before, and after Katherine. How we fought over her, and what happened in the end. I'll tell her about my abilities and what I did over the years, and then maybe, just maybe, thanks to my honesty,  she'll be with me. And if all else fails, I can always resort to plan B.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Hey guys! It's short, I know, but I tried. I was supposed to update yesterday but my internet went out so sorry about that. So, about that Delena scene where they kissed, what did you guys think? Because I'm pretty sure I failed epically. Anyways, VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, WHATEVER, just do it! And thanks for reading!

   P.S. Guess what plan B will be. If I don't get at least 10 guesses, or the correct answer before 10 guesses, I'm not updating. Also there's a hint in this chapter, so if you can't figure it out, read through it again!

                                                                      -RaeganSomerhalder :)