Out the window you go

Damon's POV

   Surprisingly, it only took me a few minutes to move everything except the bed out of the way of the door. I figured that I would just climb over it, plus, I just don't have the patience to move it. As I moved the last thing (her dresser) out of the way, I saw Elena go into her bathroom. I climbed over the bed, and went over to the bathroom. To my surprise, she wasn't in there. There was a door connected to another bedroom, that I'm guessing to be her brother's.

   I was getting impatient, and didn't feel like chasing her throughout the house, so I vampire sped next to her and grabbed her. With her slung over my shoulder, I made my way back to her bedroom, where I plopped her onto her bed. I vampire sped around her room, closing, and locking, any windows and doors. "Elena, listen, I know your scared right now, but you have to listen to me. You have to promise you won't tell anyone." I told her. She just sat there, frozen in fear. I sat there, waiting for an answer, which I didn't get for a few minutes.

   "How can I promise that?" Is all she answered with. What do I tell her now? I can't have her telling every person in the universe. "It is very dangerous for you to know this, if you tell even one person, you could be sending me to my death." Is the only good answer I can think of. What she said next surprised me, and I don't get surprised. "And why should I care?" now that took me off guard, I didn't know what to say. I knew by the look on her face it hurt to say that, and I'm going to use that against her.

Elena's POV

   That really hurt to say, I mean, I loved him, and he turned out to be this horrible monster, so, really, why should I care? Exactly, I shouldn't. But I do, and that's the bad thing. I shouldn't care but I do, and that could get me killed. I could die for loving a monster, and I would be willing to take that risk, if I didn't have Jeremy. I can't leave him, and I won't. That's why I can't get involved.  That's why I have to let him go, and move on. Try to forget that vampires are real. That they're just a story. Try to forget him, and if I can't, then I'll pretend that I forgot.

   The way he answered my question totally shocked me. "Because you still love me," was his simple reply. He was right. I still loved him. But I can't take that risk. "Why do you think that?" I asked curiously. I wonder how he'll answer this one- if he can, that is. "Am I wrong?" He questioned. He got me there. Do I tell him the truth? I guess it's only fair, I mean, he told me the truth about him being a vampire, he could've lied, but he didn't. "Yes," I continue with, "but that doesn't mean I'm not afraid to send you to your death," I said confidently.

   "I know you aren't, but you still won't do it and you know it." He stated coolly. He's right, I won't, but I still can't keep this a secret. "I can't keep something like this a secret, so either kill me, or leave." I told him sternly, even though secretly I was scared he'd go with the first option. Before I knew it he was unlocking and opening my window. "Get ready to catch Stefan!" He yelled out my window. Within seconds he had me in his arms and was getting ready to throw me out the window. He let go of me, and I wanted to scream, but I couldn't,  I was to scared.

Damon's POV

   As I let Elena go, all I could think was, Stefan, you better be as good at catching people as you are catching a football. If he didn't catch her, I think I would kill him, and then myself. I heard Elena screaming, it felt like FOREVER, then all of a sudden,  she stopped. I didn't hear a splat or anything like that, so that's promising. I looked down and didn't see her lying dead on the concrete so that's another good sign. Hopefully Stefan caught her

Elena's POV

   "AHHHHHHH!" I screamed as I fell face forward into the concrete. Right when I thought I was a goner, something, or should I say, someone, caught me. I looked up into forest green eyes, and suddenly calmed down. Then I realized who was holding me, and I started flipping out again. I jumped out of his arms, and turned around to start running, when Damon jumped out of my window, and landed right in front of me. I went to scream again, when he covered my mouth with his hand.

   Damon then picked me up, and started running with speed that no normal person has. I was too frightened to scream, or even protest. How does he have this ability? I guess it has to do with the fact that he's a vampire. I'll have to make sure to ask what other super abilities he has, when he's not running at one hundred miles per hour, and I'm not terrified of him.

   I closed my eyes tight, scared that I'd die. Damon was running so fast, and then he slowly came to a stop. When he was at a full stop, I opened my eyes again. We were outside the boarding house. He still wouldn't put me down, not until we were inside the boarding house.

   He opened the door to the house, walked in, ploped me down on a chair, and told stefan to go back and finish off the job. I wonder what that means? Another question I'll have to ask him later. "Why did you bring me here?" I asked worriedly. "I can't have you telling anyone about me and my brother." He said calmly. "So, what? I can't leave until I promise not to tell a soul?" I asked. "That's correct," was his simple reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Congratulations zikae218! You were the first person to guess the correct answer to what Damon threw out the window! With that being said, I would like to dedicate this chapter to zikae218.

   Anyways, thanks guys for getting me up to 100 reads! it really means alot that that many of you like my book. The next update should hopefully be out by Monday, maybe tomorrow. Remember to VOTE AND COMMENT! thanks,

                                                                    -RaeganSomerhalder :)

   HEY, SORRY BUT I CAN'T UPDATE TODAY, MY INTERNET HAS BEEN OUT ALL DAY AND IT JUST GOT FIXED. I HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW SO I CAN'T WORK ON IT TONIGHT, BUT A NEW CHAPTER WILL BE OUT TO YOU GUYS TOMORROW. AGAIN, SORRY, AND HAVE A WONDERFUL NIGHT.

                                                                  -RaeganSomerhalder