Who's Damon?

Elena's POV

   I can't believe it. I have to break up with Matt. I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship. What am I going to do? Poor Matt I feel so bad for him, but I can't just keep leading him on like I have been. My mom is right, tomorrow I'll have to break up with him.

Damon's POV

   That voice,  where have I heard that voice before, it sounds so familiar. Stupid curiosity, it got the best of me, again. I followed the sound of the girl's voice and there she was, Katherine. "Katherine?" I asked her. I couldn't believe my eyes, there she was, the love of my life standing right in front of me. But how, I thought she was in the tomb. That doesn't really matter right now, she's here and that's all that matters. "Um, no I'm Elena" she said. But how could that be, how is it possible, the could be twins for god's sake. But then, I finally heard it, her heartbeat. Why didn't I notice it before, it was as clear as day, she was human, so she couldn't be Katherine since Katherine's a vampire.

Elena's POV

   Who is this guy and why did he just call me Katherine? He kept staring at me like I was some sort of alien, it was really weird. I decided to break the awkward silence by telling him that I was having boyfriend issues. "About what if you don't mind me asking?" He asked me. "He's got it all planed out, college, marriage, kids," He cut me off. " And you don't want that?" This guy was being very nosey but for some reason I felt like I could trust him. Wow, have I lost it, I'm trusting a stranger I met on the road, so much for 'never talk to strangers.' "I don't know what I want." I stated. "yah, you do" He hasn't even told me what his name was and he apparently knows what I want out of life, creepy. "By the way, my name is Damon." Did he just read my mind or what, now thats creepy.

Damon's POV

Why haven't I killed this girl yet? Why am I carrying on a conversation with her? Usually I just kill the humans I meet, ether that, or I turn them, so why am I talking to her? "than what is it that I want Damon?" Elena asked. "You want a love that consumes you, you want adventure, and even a little danger." I told her. "And what do you want, Damon?" She asked me curiously. I was about to tell her but then a car started pulling up, so I knew I had to make her forget, so I did. "My parents" She stated refering to the car pulling up. I answered her question, but in my own way,"I want you to get everything that your looking for, but for now you need to forget me." I compelled her, and then left before her parents saw me.

Elena's POV

   I hopped into my parent's car, and all I could think about was the raven haired, blue eyed stranger, Damon, I  met on the road, and how much I wanted to see him again. why did I feel like this? And why does he want me to forget meeting him, I don't even think I could if I tried. The thought of him sent chills down my back. Why does the mere thought of him make me feel like this, like nothing else in the world mattered?

   My head, why does it hurt so much? then I took in my surroundings, I was half way under water. My mom was unconscious, and my dad was banging on the car window. We had gone over Wickery Bridge. Just a few minutes ago I was thinking about the stranger named Damon, and now all I can think about is that I'm going to die. Me and my dad said our goodbyes because we knew the inevitable is only seconds away. I said "I love you" for the last time to my dad before I went unconscious.

Stefan's POV

   I was out hunting for my next meal when I heard a splash, so I decided to go check it out. Thanks to curiosity and me being a do-gooder, I dove into the water to try and save the family that went over Wickery Bridge. I saw a man in the driver's seat and he was still conscious,  I tried to save him, but he wouldn't let me untill I saved the unconscious girl in the back seat. I obeyed him, and got the girl out first. I dove back into the water to save, I'm guessing to be her father but I was to late, he was dead. I rose back up to the surface, and realized that the girl in front of me looked exactly like Katherine.

   I knew this couldn't be Katherine, since this girl had a heartbeat, but the resemblance was unbelievable. while I was trying to wrap my head around what I was seeing, I gave her some of my blood to heal her, then called an ambulance. I heard the ambulance from a couple streets away, so I fled knowing that no one could see me there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

   sorry it's so short the first few chapters are going to be really short but as I write more and more the chapters will get to be about normal length, anyways thanks for reading.

                                                                    -RaeganSomerhalder