Chapter 1 : The unknown threats.

6th January, 2018

Aasiya opened the door of her daughter's room and stood dumbfounded on the threshold looking at her daughter whose petite form was clad in a pistachio green coloured outfit with heavy diamond work around her neck, sleeves and the entire length of her kameez. The lehenga was an absolute beauty which had heavy work of diamond and flowers along its whole length, including the small tail. A matching hijab was wrapped on her light brown hairs which were tied in a bun and her milky white skin was glowing; perhaps it was the bridal glow on her face or it can be the fact that the happiness etched on her features was making her skin glow. She was wearing very minimal makeup but it was enough for making her smooth features look even more gorgeous, including her mascara which was making her eyes look more prominent.

Aasiya, standing at the threshold, was looking at her daughter with tears in her eyes as she recalled all the moments spent with her; from the moment she took her in her arms for the first time to the day where she was ready in her bridal outfit to begin a new journey with her prince charming. She wondered how time flew so fast and her daughter grew up so quickly that she will soon be leaving the house where she spent so many years of her life growing up and will move to another house, as a married girl.

Aasiya wiped her tears when she met eyes with her daughter through the mirror, who gave her a smile and turned around to face her mother with her eyes moistened, looking at her mother's teary ones. Aasiya quickly walked to her and cupping her cheeks gently, she placed a kiss on her forehead. Shunehza felt a bundle of mixed emotions when she wrapped her hands around her mother and hugged her, wiping a lone tear that leaked her eye, while Aasiya's emotions were no different.

"You look beautiful meri jaan." Aasiya spoke, with adoration in her eyes. "I pray to the Almighty that you get all the happiness in the world and that Allah SWT bless your marriage and make the two of you the coolness of each other's eyes Ameen. Stay happy always meri jaan."

"Maa." Shunehza muttered in a teary voice, her self control finally breaking as she wrapped her hands around her mother and placing her head on her mother's shoulder, she hugged her again. Aasiya was crying too but she was trying her best to make her daughter feel a little better as she caressed her back and kept whispering sweet nothings.

"Come on. Wipe off your tears. It's time to leave." She informed breaking apart from the hug and wiped the tears from her daughter's eyes, giving her a happy smile.

"You totally ruined your makeup. Now do we want our dulhabhai to get scared by looking at your smudged makeup, which is probably making you look like a panda?" Her cousin Alisha joked as everyone laughed and Shunehza gaped at the choice of her words.

"Stop exaggerating!" Shunehza exclaimed lightly, getting a near by cushion and throwing it at her.

"Come on. Let's go." Aasiya said taking a hold of her hand and tried to walk out but Shunehza stopped her.

"Where's Shahmeer?" Shunehza asked for her brother.

"I don't know. I didn't see him since an hour." Aasiya informed. "He might be busy in checking the preparations."

"Mum please call him. I want him by my side as I leave the house." She requested. Her mother gave her a bright smile seeing the love between both the siblings and walked out to call her son.

She asked the servants to look for him and she too went looking for him in the house. Searching all the places she thought he could be at, she finally walked to the main living room but he was nowhere to be seen. She finally gave up and went to her husband who was busy in getting the gifts to the cars.