37 - Farewells And White Roses

Start from the beginning

Iruka smiled slightly as well, and watched the small boy let his tears pour out as Tsuki had said. She ruffled his hair a bit and tapped his nose.

“You should always cry for your lost loved ones, otherwise you’ll always hurt.”

“Iruka-sensei,” Naruto said sadly, Tsuki looked up at him, then realised Kakashi was stood behind him. They nodded at each other in greeting. “Why do people risk their lives for others?”

“When one person dies . . . he disappears . . . along with his past, current life style and his future. Many people die in missions and wars. They die easily and in surprisingly simple ways. Hayate was one of them. Those who die have goals and dreams. But everyone has something as important as those.”

Tsuki stood up and headed back to Sasuke’s side, but she could still hear Iruka’s words as he finished. She linked her hand with his again and rested her head on his shoulder, watching the graves.

“Parents, siblings, friends, lovers . . . people who are important to you. They trust and help each other, the bond between the people important to you ever since birth . . . and the string that binds them becomes thicker and stronger as time goes by. It’s beyond reason. Those bound to you by that string will do that for you. Because it’s important.”

“Mm, I think I understand . . . a little, ttebayo,” Naruto said, “But, it’s painful when someone dies.”

“The third didn’t die for nothing,” Kakashi spoke up. “He left something important in all of us. You’ll find out what eventually.”

“Mm, I think I understand that too, ttebayo.”

“The rain stopped,” Sakura said, from Sasuke’s other side.                

He and Tsuki looked up as the sky cleared of all the dark clouds and let the sun shine through, as if giving hope to the land. Eventually it was time to leave, and Naruto said goodbye to Iruka before joining his team, but they didn’t get far before they were stopped by Daichi and Miki.

“You-” Kakashi started, recognising the headbands they were wearing.

He looked at Tsuki, and then back at the two boys. What they wore were the headbands of Chi no Kuni, a four point star over a swirl with a blood drop in the centre.

“We mean no harm,” Daichi said, bowing his head a little, “We just came to say farewell to Tsuki.”

“It was good to finally meet you short stuff,” Miki flicked his hand in a sort of salute. “Dai, here wouldn’t stop talking about you taking Shouta-teme’s beating. but you were amazing in the exams.”

“Urusse Miki,” Daichi said with a roll of his eyes. “We’ll be going now, it would be good though, to have you visit us one day.”

“What about them?” Tsuki asked.

“They are loyal to Otogakure now, they haven’t set foot in Chi no Kuni in ten years, you would be very welcome.”

“I intend to come home, one day,” she admitted, “Besides, I have a debt to you I need to repay.”                

The two boys bowed, before darting off quickly, Sakura and Naruto gaped, confused at Tsuki, Sasuke just rested a hand on her lower back.

“We’re going home,” he said, “Tsuki still isn’t fully healed.” she opened her mouth to retaliate but she was already being led away.

Naruto and Sakura yelled their goodbyes and Kakashi waved, but soon, Sasuke and Tsuki were out of sight.

“What’s going on, Sasuke?” Tsuki asked.

“Nothing, I just want to go home,” he told her.

As they neared their home, Tsuki’s skin prickled and she looked over her shoulder. There on the rebuilt Konoha wall were two figures in dark cloaks. The taller she didn’t recognise at all, but the scent of the second hit her like a tidal wave. Unknowingly, her nails dug into Sasuke’s hand as he opened the door and he yelled out in shock.

“What was that for?!” he snapped.

“Gomen, I thought . . . I saw something,” she said, sighing, “Gomen.”

Sasuke rolled his eyes and stepped into the house, as Tsuki closed the door she looked up at the wall again but the two figures were gone, the scent however was not.

Uchiha Itachi had come home.

Okay, sorry it's short but i wasn't really sure how to continue, and i kinda like the ending :3 hope you guys like it 

 Roxyblack <3